Cute studio nestled under Byron's famous lighthouse
NSW STRA Property ID: PID-STRA-32658
Wake up to stunning ocean views from this delightful, secluded Wategos Beach Studio, which features an open plan bedroom, well-appointed kitchenette and private balcony. The property is surrounded by the Arakwal National Park, tucked beneath the Cape Byron Lighthouse.
Take a walk around the headland or stroll a mere 300m to the exceptional north-facing Wategos Beach, where you can swim, sunbathe and relax before freshening up and heading into downtown Byron. Wategos Retreats Studio is a short 5 minute drive, or 25 minute scenic stroll to shops, cafés, bars and restaurants. The Studio is also a 5 minute walk to the well known Rae’s Restaurant and daily coffee cart at Wategos Beach.
Wategos Retreats consists of two adjacent properties - Wategos Retreats Studio and Wategos Retreats Apartment.
Please note, there are a number of buildings under construction around Wategos Beach, including a property two doors down from Wategos Retreats. Construction commenced in October 2020 and is continuing into 2022. Noise levels are expected to vary during construction. We are continuing to work with builders to understand the scope of works and expected impact as much as possible. Please consider these works when booking and feel free to discuss with our helpful team so we can make your stay as pleasant as possible.
- 1 queen bed, 1 bathroom, sleeps 2
- Stylish bathroom with shower
- Private balcony offering stunning panoramic ocean and coastal views
- Well-equipped kitchenette
- Unlimited Wi-Fi
- Ceiling fan and heater
- Beach towels provided
- 300m walk to Wategos Beach
- 5 minute drive or 25 minute stroll to downtown Byron Bay
- 3.5km to Byron’s shops, bars and restaurants
- Non-smoking property
Living, Dining and Cooking
Wategos Retreats Studio has a well-planned open layout with polished timber floors and everything you need for living, cooking, chilling out. and sleeping. This unique escape provides stunning ocean views from almost every point in the Studio. The kitchenette has an under-bench fridge, microwave, toaster, jug, small electric frying, pan, and a single hot plate - perfect for fixing drinks and preparing breakfast, which you can enjoy relaxing on your private balcony. Please note, Wategos Retreats Studio is more intimate than its neighbouring counterpart, Wategos Retreats Apartment.
The open-plan Studio includes a comfortable Queen-sized bed with quality bed linen and unsurpassed views through the picture window.
Bedding configuration (sleeps 2):
- Bedroom 1 (master): queen bed, ceiling fan
The light and bright bathroom includes a shower and toilet, as well as a louver window - allowing you to let the crisp coastal breeze drift inside.
Bathroom 1: shower, toilet, single vanity
Outdoor and Entertaining
The private balcony is furnished with 2 cushioned chairs and a table. Enjoy the sounds of the ocean and stunning views as you read, dine and relax while dolphin and whale watching from this exclusive Byron hideaway.
Paid on-street parking is in effect around the Wategos Beach area, with spaces limited. Guests are to register their vehicle on arrival at Wategos Retreats, as per the instructions at the property. Please note, registration allows guests to park untimed in the Wategos Beach area ONLY.
Located on Cape Byron Headland - Australia’s most early point - Wategos Retreats is tucked beneath Byron’s landmark Lighthouse. It features unsurpassed views and is a short 300m stroll down to Wategos Beach. The nearby Cape Byron Walking Track is a 3.7km walking and jogging trail around scenic Cape Byron Headland, which is easy to access from your secluded retreat. The loop trail is popular for whale and dolphin watching and provides scenic lookout points. Enjoy first light sunrises and specular sunsets across the Bay. Dolphins can be spotted from your balcony year-round, while whales appear between June and October. The nearest shops, cafés and nightlife are just 5 minutes’ drive or a 25 minute stroll away in downtown Byron. A short drive into the hinterland provides a delightful succession of historic villages, stores and taverns, offering excellent dining and scenic walks into the rainforest. Nearby airports include Ballina Byron Gateway Airport (36km) and Gold Coast Airport (70km).
- Studio / 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Beach/Pool Towels
- Kitchenette Only
- Smart TV
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Group restrictions - maximum of 2 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C's apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of the licence fee or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of the total licence fee (including booking, marketing, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond will be processed the week leading up to arrival.
Wategos Retreats Studio Location
Wategos Retreats Studio Reviews
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay