Stylish beach retreat located at Wategos
Wategos Retreats Apartment is perfect for those who crave an unforgettable location. Perched on Cape Byron Headland, and surrounded by the Arakwal National Park just beneath Cape Byron Lighthouse, Wategos Retreats Apartment is conveniently located 3.5 kms from Byron Bay town.
This cosy 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment is 300m from north-facing Wategos Beach, where you can laze away the day in the sun, or enjoy panoramic ocean views from your own private balcony.
Within the home, you’ll find everything you need, including a well-appointed kitchenette for preparing snacks, meals and drinks, plus a spacious living area.
The location isn’t just about the stunning views. Downtown Byron Bay is a short 5 minute drive, or a 25 minute stroll, making it easy to access shops, bars, restaurants, and the local nightlife. The Apartment is also a 5 minute walk to the well known Rae’s Restaurant and daily coffee cart at Wategos Beach.
Wategos Retreats consists of two adjacent properties - Wategos Retreats Apartment and Wategos Retreats Studio.
Please note, there are a number of buildings under construction around Wategos Beach, including a property two doors down from Wategos Retreats. Construction commenced in October 2020 and is continuing into 2022, with a break during the Christmas and New Year’s period. Noise levels are expected to vary during construction. We are continuing to work with builders to understand the scope of works and expected impact as much as possible. Please consider these works when booking and feel free to discuss with our helpful team so we can make your stay as pleasant as possible.
- 1 king bedroom, 1 bathroom, sleeps 2
- Private balcony offering stunning panoramic ocean and coastal views
- Spacious living area with timber floors
- Well-equipped kitchenette
- Ceiling fans and heaters
- Unlimited Wi-Fi
- Large smart TV
- DVD player and stereo
- Beach towels provided
- 300m walk to Wategos Beach
- 5 minute drive or 25 minute stroll to downtown Byron Bay
- 3.5km to Byron’s shops, bars and restaurants
- Non-smoking property
Living, Dining and Cooking
Wategos Retreats Apartment has a little more space than the neighbouring Studio, allowing guests to spread out and enjoy the sounds of the waves and stunning views through the property’s large picture windows. Enjoy a meal out on the balcony while gazing out at the ocean and hinterland views. After dark, curl up on the leather sofa, fling open the balcony doors and enjoy soft ocean breezes while watching TV or listening to music. The kitchen is well-equipped for preparing light meals and drinks with an under-counter refrigerator, microwave, hot plates, and shelves filled with glasses and crockery.
Retire to the separate bedroom which features a king-sized bed with quality linen, and awake to ocean views and distant sounds of the breaking surf. For your convenience, there is a ceiling fan to keep you cool during warmer months.
Bedding configuration (sleeps 2):
- Bedroom 1 (master): king bed, ceiling fan
The sleek and stylish green-themed bathroom includes a shower and toilet, with a sizeable vanity offering plenty of space to unpack during your stay. The room also features a louver window, allowing you to let the crisp coastal breeze drift inside.
- Bathroom 1: shower, toilet, single vanity
Outdoor and Entertaining
The balcony is the prime location for dolphin and whale watching, quiet reading and stargazing. It is furnished with a table and comfortable chairs.
On-street parking is available. Please note, vehicle details need to be registered on arrival.
Located on Cape Byron Headland - Australia’s most early point - Wategos Retreats is tucked beneath Byron’s landmark Lighthouse. It features unsurpassed views and is a short 300m stroll down to Wategos Beach. The nearby Cape Byron Walking Track is a 3.7km walking and jogging trail around scenic Cape Byron Headland, which is easy to access from your secluded retreat. The loop trail is popular for whale and dolphin watching and provides scenic lookout points. Enjoy first light sunrises and specular sunsets across the Bay. Dolphins can be spotted from your balcony year-round, while whales appear between June and October. The nearest shops, cafés and nightlife are just 5 minutes’ drive or a 25 minute stroll away in downtown Byron. A short drive into the hinterland provides a delightful succession of historic villages, stores and taverns, offering excellent dining and scenic walks into the rainforest. Nearby airports include Ballina Byron Gateway Airport (36km) and Gold Coast Airport (70km).
- Studio / 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Beach/Pool Towels
- Kitchenette Only
- Smart TV
- DVD Player
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Group restrictions - maximum of 2 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C's apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond will be processed the week leading up to arrival.
Wategos Retreats Apartment Location
Wategos Retreats Apartment Reviews
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay