Elegant hinterland estate on 180 acre macadamia farm
NSW STRA Property ID: PID-STRA-32251
Set among 180 acres of picturesque Byron Bay hinterland in Nashua on a family owned macadamia farm, Tralisan Farm delivers luxury and country tranquility in spades. Sitting proudly on a hilltop that overlooks the lush greenery of over 11,000 macadamia trees, this spacious 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom home sleeps up to 10 guests in complete comfort.
Tralisan Farm features 2 comfortable living rooms with a floor-to-ceiling travertine fireplace, plus a stunning country-style kitchen, complete with a collection of high-end appliances. There’s also a charming outdoor dining table, fire pit, and BBQ area, as well as a sparkling inground pool. Inside or out, you’ll discover plenty of peaceful places to take in your pleasant surroundings, whether you’re resting up on one of the many verandahs, having a cocktail out by the pool cabana or quietly wandering the beautifully manicured gardens and grounds.
Tralisan Farm’s boundary is surrounded by Skinners Creek on 3 sides, with guests welcome to explore the estate’s private and serene waterhole, located 1.5km from home (area is not fenced and adult supervision essential for minors).
For guests seeking additional space, The Dairy Nashua - a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom private residence - can also be booked. Located 600m from Tralisan Farm, this striking property was previously the farm’s milking shed before being lovingly converted. Please note, a private residence is located off the road that links Tralisan Farm and The Dairy Nashua. Farm vehicles also share this road, however, traffic will not disturb guests during their stay.
- 180 acre property on a family owned, fully operational macadamia farm
- 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms sleeping up to 10 (maximum 8 adults)
- 2 spacious living rooms, plus a country-style kitchen
- Tranquil inground pool overlooking hinterland
- Outdoor entertaining and dining, plus a BBQ and fire pit
- Private Skinners Creek waterhole located 1.5km from home (area not fenced; adult supervision essential for minors)
- Easy access to village shopping and dining in Newrybar (10 minutes), Bangalow (13 minutes) and Federal (20 minutes)
- 25 minutes’ drive to Byron Bay shops, restaurants and beaches.
- Parking for up to 4 vehicles
- The Dairy Nashua (1 bedroom, 1 bathroom) available for group bookings, located 600m from Tralisan Farm
Set to the backdrop of rolling hills, Tralisan Farm’s combined living and dining room - styled with traditional black and white chequered tiles and a comfy vintage leather couch – is a central point to dine, relax and entertain. The greenery follows you everywhere with French doors opening out to the pool and beyond, while the room also features a flat screen Smart TV.
The home’s main living room offers 2 bespoke places to enjoy. Divided by a floor-to-ceiling travertine fireplace, to one side a generous flat screen TV clings to the wall, with a plush executive-style sofa and 2 lush velvet armchairs delivering optimal viewing of the screen. To the other side, 2 roomy and soft leather sofas sit nearby, making it an ideal space to take in a family board game or enjoy a nightcap by the crackling fire.
Cooking and Dining
Centered around an elegant square-shaped timber table, Tralisan Farm’s country-style kitchen is cleverly designed with an array of features and finishes, such as English tapware and luxe marble benchtops. A chef-friendly stove and oven sits on a wall all to its own, with bench space and appliances evenly spaced including a kettle and commercial coffee machine setup in a private nook.
Dining in or out is a pleasure with 2 dining tables positioned in the combined kitchen and living space, and a 6-to-8 seat dining table outside on the verandah - ideal for long lazy meals overlooking endless hinterland. The property also boasts a handsome BBQ area – complete with outdoor seating around the nearby fire pit - all nestled among the property’s beautifully manicured lawns and garden.
Slip away to a peaceful slumber among the home’s 4 welcoming bedrooms. The master, with its majestic 4-poster king bed, will take your breath away. This elegant bed includes billowing linen curtains on all sides, allowing for complete elegance and intimacy during your stay. The bedroom also features a stunning marble and travertine ensuite, antique furniture and air conditioning, while French doors and windows allow you to let the fresh country air inside. Large families will love the flexibility of having trundle beds available in 2 of the guest rooms, while all rooms feature ceiling fans for comfort during warmer months.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 10, maximum 8 adults):
- Bedroom 1 (master): 4-poster king bed with curtains, ensuite bathroom, air conditioning, ceiling fan, armchair, French doors opening to verandah
- Bedroom 2: queen bed, king single bed with trundle (suitable for children only), air conditioning, ceiling fans, flat screen TV, desk space, French doors opening to verandah
- Bedroom 3: king single bed with trundle, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 4: queen bed, ceiling fan, desk space, French doors opening to verandah
The property’s ensuite bathroom - designed with travertine tiles - impresses with its spacious shower and roomy double marble vanity. The space allows for natural light to fill the room, with frosted glass windows and French doors bordering the outer walls which lead out to the deck and garden area. The home also includes a large, shared bathroom, complete with a lavish white-with-black trim bathtub, shower and double vanity, as well as a separate powder room.
- Bathroom 1 (ensuite for master bedroom): shower, double vanity, toilet, French doors opening to verandah
- Bathroom 2 (shared): shower, bath, double vanity, toilet.
A powder room, with a single vanity and toilet, is also located off the main entrance and mudroom to the home.
Tralisan Farm’s laundry is positioned behind the kitchen, next to the coffee and tea nook, with a washing machine and dryer available to guests.
The beautifully manicured gardens that surround Tralisan Farm deliver ample space for family lawn games, or a quiet stroll around the home. The garden also includes a BBQ area and fire pit just off the main residence, while the wraparound verandahs are decked out with comfy seating and dining tables throughout.
No trip to Tralisan Farm is complete without a visit to the private waterhole, located 1.5km from the property. Take a cruise (4-wheel drives are recommended but not necessary unless after heavy rainfall) to this serene babbling brook for a refreshing swim or picnic among breath-taking beauty. Please note, the area is not fenced and adult supervision is essential for minors.
The view from Tralisan Farm’s glimmering inground pool is to die for - rolling hills and gorgeous greenery as far as the eye can see. This hilltop haven is a favourite place for families and friends to cool off in summer, with a shaded resort-style cabana - complete with sunbeds and bench seating - providing sun protection for guests resting by the water. For your convenience, pool towels are provided during your stay. Please note, the pool is not heated.
Unfortunately this property is not pet-friendly.
Tralisan Farm has space for up to 4 vehicles in the parking area outside the garage (garage is not available to guests).
Located in Nashua – in the Byron Bay Hinterland – Tralisan Farm offers guests the rare opportunity to stay on a fully operational macadamia farm, with more than 11,000 trees planted across the 180 acre property. Village shopping and dining is close by at Newrybar (10 minutes), Bangalow (13 minutes), Clunes (14 minutes), and Federal (20 minutes), while Frida’s Field (5 minutes) in Nashua, The Hut in Possum Creek (15 minutes), or Harvest in Newrybar (10 minutes) are not-to-missed for dining. Local pubs, the Eltham Hotel (10 minutes) and Bangalow Hotel (13 minutes) are around the corner, while guests can load up on fresh produce from the Bangalow Farmers Market (13 minutes - Saturday mornings), The Farm (23 minutes) in Byron Bay, or Harvest Deli and Bakery in Newrybar (10 minutes). Spoil yourself at the Gaia Retreat and Spa in Brooklet - located 10 minutes from Tralisan Farm - offering soothing, award-winning pamper packages. When the ocean comes calling, Byron Bay’s best beaches aren't far away with Broken Head (25 minutes) and Belongil beaches (30 minutes) a pleasurable drive from home.
Suitable Booking Groups
Tralisan Farm provides plenty of space for large family get togethers or group gatherings, with The Dairy Nashua also available for bookings. The Dairy - originally the property’s milking shed - is located 600m from Tralisan Farm, and is ideal for a couple who would appreciate their own space away from other guests.
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No schoolies permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of the licence fee or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of the total licence fee (including booking, marketing, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.