Retro-style classic beachfront house on Wategos Beach
NSW STRA Property ID: PID-STRA-31842
Take a trip back to the 1970s at Time Warp - an eclectic, retro-themed classic beachfront house delivering relaxed vibes and money-can’t-buy ocean views. Nestled on majestic Wategos Beach - in the cradle of Byron Bay’s iconic Lighthouse - this double-storey waterfront home pays homage to a simpler time, with period-relevant furniture and decor scattered throughout - from psychedelic bathroom tiles to quirky cane beds.
From the top floor deck, be prepared to have your breath taken away by the unmatched beauty surrounding you of this must-see beachfront location. This undercover space delivers uninterrupted views over Wategos Beach, Julian Rocks and beyond to sweeping coastline and rolling Hinterland.
This newly renovated property features 4 bedrooms, each uniquely styled with antique furniture, artwork and trinkets from yesteryear. You can’t miss the home’s 2 bathrooms - both as head-turning as each other with a funky, bright floor-to-ceiling design. The old-meets-new kitchen will bring back memories for more mature travellers with its retro tiling and funky yellow Smeg fridge making the space pop. Time Warp also includes 2 cosy living spaces - one located on each floor - both serving up soothing ocean views and crisp sea breezes.
Time Warp has just as much character outside, with a steeply tropical garden full of peculiar ornaments. Start at the top exploring the peaceful fire pit and work your way down along the private, leafy walking track that delivers you straight to the Wategos beachfront. Outside, you’ll also discover a charming timber garden deck - sitting beneath a decorative hanging kayak - complete with a BBQ, bench seating and an outdoor shower.
Byron Bay locations don’t come much better than this with the beach and Lighthouse on your doorstep, scenic views as far as the eye can see, and the town’s top attractions all within easy reach.
- 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sleeps 8 (maximum 6 adults)
- Beachfront location on Wategos Beach, with private walking track access to the ocean
- Vintage-themed classic beach house
- Retro furniture and decor throughout the home and garden
- Undercover top-floor deck with panoramic ocean and hinterland views
- Ground-level deck with BBQ and timber bench seating
- Twin living rooms split over 2 floors
- Expensive tropical garden with firepit
- 1 minute walk to Wategos Beach along private garden walkway
- 15 minute walk to Cape Byron Lighthouse
- 8 minute drive to Byron Bay town centre
- Driveway parking for 2 vehicles
A sense of nostalgia washes over you the moment you step foot inside Time Warp. Beautiful vintage furniture adorns the home’s 2 living rooms, which effortlessly blend into the backdrop of the ocean and rolling hinterland off to the distance. The top floor living space - featuring original timber floorboards - also opens up to an undercover patio area to the rear of the home adjacent to the entrance, perfect to escape the hot summer sun or those balmy windy days.
Nothing screams retro quite like plush U-shaped sofa that snakes its way around the downstairs living room. This cosy space also includes a smart TV with Netflix access, allowing guests to catch up on some TV time using their own account. Both spaces are air conditioned and are designed with louver windows, allowing for the soothing sea breeze to fill the home.
Cooking and Dining
With an ocean view to die for, meal prep is a breeze at Time Warp. The retro kitchen - boasting an exquisite gold sink and vintage Smeg fridge - features all your cooking essentials, including an electric oven and cooktop, dishwasher and coffee machine. There is also a sizable walk-in pantry just off the kitchen, handy for long stays. A quaint dining table connects to the combined kitchen and living space, while the timber deck located downstairs in the garden is a favourite dining spot during the warmer months.
Time Warp’s 4 bedrooms are a blast from the past, each uniquely decorated to tell their own story of what life in the ‘70s was like. The 2 upstairs bedrooms - connecting to the kitchen and living area - each feature king beds, fans and air conditioning for complete comfort.
On the lower level, the guest rooms both include 2 cane single beds, and flow naturally into the downstairs living space which overlooks the glimmering ocean. Please note, the bedrooms do not have screens fitted to the windows.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 8, maximum 6 adults):
- Bedroom 1 (upstairs master): king bed, built-in wardrobe, fan, air conditioning
- Bedroom 2 (upstairs): king bed, built-in wardrobe, fan, air conditioning
- Bedroom 3 (downstairs): 2 single beds, built-in wardrobe, air conditioning
- Bedroom 4 (downstairs): 2 single beds, built-in wardrobe, air conditioning
Bathrooms and Laundry
Loud and proud, the property’s 2 head-turning bathrooms are tiled top-to-bottom with quirky patterns for a truly authentic retro vibe. The charming top floor bathroom - pretty in pink and gold - includes a spacious shower, with a double vanity and toilet.
Downstairs, the bathroom combines a shower and toilet with a washing machine and dryer. A hot and cold outdoor shower is also located by the timber deck at the rear of the property, allowing guests to wash off after a dip at Wategos Beach.
- Bathroom 1 (shared, upstairs): shower, toilet, double vanity
- Bathroom 2 (shared, downstairs): shower, toilet, single vanity, washing machine, dryer
Time Warp’s dreamy tropical garden is a paradise waiting to be explored. Extending from Wategos Beach and winding its way up though the landscaped wonderland, this handsomely manicured garden appeals to those with a keen eye for discovery - keep your eyes peeled for a collection of curious ornaments and decorations scattered throughout. The serene fire pit - tucked away at the top of the property - is the ideal place to take in the gentle sound of crashing waves and natural beauty around you.
Just beyond this tranquil space lies a timber entertainers deck - hidden at the base of the home - equipped with a BBQ, and plenty of bench seating for drinks and dining. For when the beach comes calling, head for the cool, clear water via the private walking track that delivers you straight to the waiting arms of Wategos Beach.
Unfortunately this property is not pet-friendly.
Parking is available for 2 vehicles at Time Warp, with a space to the left of the property at the end of Julian Place, and a parking bay on the white stones next to the bollards. Please note, the garage is an entertaining area for the owners only, and is not available to guests for parking.
Time Warp is nestled in one of Byron Bay’s most sought after beachfront locations, tucked away opposite gorgeous Wategos Beach, and at the base of the majestic Cape Byron Lighthouse. Here, you can’t escape the pull of the ocean - at every turn, catch glimpses of the glimmering ocean as you enjoy the soundtrack of rolling waves. Your own private garden path links Time Warp to the beach, while the Cape Byron Walking Track connects across the road - take the 15 minute stroll to the summit and enjoy the views from Australia’s most easterly point. Byron’s thriving dining, retail and entertainment precinct is within easy reach, too - just a short 8 minute drive to town.
- 4 Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- 2 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Coffee Machine
- Washing Machine
- Private House
- New Listings
- Ceiling Fans
- Group restrictions - maximum of 6 adults at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No schoolies permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $2000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.
Time Warp Location
Time Warp Reviews
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay