Luxuriously converted dairy bails with fireplace
NSW STRA Property ID: PID-STRA-32801
Hidden away on a family owned macadamia farm, among 180 acres of picturesque hinterland, The Dairy Nashua is a peaceful retreat with a unique history. Situated 600m from the estate’s elegant 4 bedroom Tralisan Farm main residence, The Dairy offers private, rustic luxury that’s perfect for a couple seeking an opportunity to relax, connect with nature and escape from the pace of daily life.
Originally Tralisan Farm’s milking shed, The Dairy has been lovingly converted into a New Zealand-inspired 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom home, reflecting the perfect balance of preserving its original architectural features, such as gorgeous timber paneling and cathedral pitch beams with thoughtful, contemporary and vintage inspired decor.
With the dark and moody palette and textures, The Dairy combines a handsome kitchen, dining and living space, a large master bedroom and separate bathroom. The expansive glass doors in the living room ensure you soak in the breath-taking scenery and fresh country air whilst relaxing on the soft leather couch and lush vintage armchairs. During the evening, light up the fire pit, cook a feast on the BBQ and enjoy the star show.
Tralisan Farm’s boundary is surrounded by Skinners Creek on 3 sides. Guests are welcome to enjoy and explore the serene waterhole on the estate hidden away just beyond The Dairy (1km). Jump in your vehicle (4-wheel drives are recommended but not necessary unless after heavy rainfall) or take a stroll along the scenic track to the water and enjoy a refreshing dip and a picnic from this private and picturesque gem (please note, the area is not fenced and adult supervision is essential for minors).
The Dairy Nashua will have you at one with nature - a place to reconnect, rest and rejuvenate in style. Witness lavish landscapes combined with elegant decor that blends the finest of country and contemporary living. For those who love to shop and dine, discover the divine hospitality offered in the nearby historic villages of Bangalow, Newrybar and Federal. If you’re keen for a surf, hop in the car with Byron’s best beaches less than half an hour away.
For larger groups during peak season, book Tralisan Farm to include the estate’s lavish 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom residence, as well as The Dairy. Please note, a private residence is located off the road that links Tralisan Farm and The Dairy Nashua. Farm vehicles also share this road, however, traffic will not disturb guests during their stay. Additionally, road access to The Dairy Nashua is not suitable for low-to-the-ground vehicles, including sports cars.
- Original dairy shed converted into 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom residence, sleeping 2 guests
- Historic architecture retained throughout home
- 180 acre property on a family owned macadamia farm
- Modern open plan kitchen, dining and living space with internal fireplace
- Impressive fire pit and BBQ area
- Private waterhole on the estate located 1km from The Dairy (area not fenced; adult supervision essential for minors)
- Parking for up to 2 vehicles
- Easy access to village shopping and dining in Newrybar (10 minutes), Bangalow (13 minutes) and Federal (20 minutes)
- 25 minutes’ drive to Byron Bay shops, restaurants and beaches
- Road access to The Dairy not suitable for low-to-the-ground vehicles, including sports cars
- Tralisan Farm (4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms) - located 600m from The Dairy - available for bookings during peak season.
The Dairy’s open plan dining area, which combines the stylish black kitchen and dining table, is intimate and cosy – the perfect place to kick back with your feet up in complete and utter peace and quiet. Dark and moody, this comfortable space pops with its polished cement floors, high cathedral-style ceiling, gas fireplace, and comfy leather sofa and vintage armchair combination. Expansive sliding doors on either side of the room open to your gorgeous surroundings, with outdoor seating and a BBQ area tucked away just outside.
Cooking and Dining
The Dairy’s striking all-black kitchen is a real head-turner. Set around a sleek island bench, which doubles as a dining table with bench seating, the contemporary cookery features dark-cabinetry and plenty of bench space, with a sizeable gas stove, oven and Nespresso coffee machine available to guests. The impressive well-appointed kitchen also opens via bay windows out to the dining area and fire pit – a sight to see when the flames are roaring during winter months – with a gas BBQ and outdoor dining table located outside under the covered verandah.
Thoughtful features of the original dairy have been retained throughout The Dairy’s bedroom, with exposed timber beams along the walls and roofline of this light and spacious room. A comfortable queen bed awaits guests, while a desk nook, flatscreen TV and a large antique timber wardrobe complete the space. The bedroom also connects to one of the verandahs, allowing you to lie in bed and take in the views.
Bedding configuration (sleeps maximum 2 adults):
Bedroom 1: queen bed, ceiling fan, flat screen TV, desk space, internal door opening to verandah
The Dairy’s bespoke bathroom mixes contemporary design with historic architecture in a gorgeous blend of styles. The original timber weatherboard floor-to-ceiling wall features prominently in this old-meets-new bathroom. The shower is a real stunner, tiled in large distinctive Italian black lava tiles with bronze fittings completing the look. The vanity is a restored vintage piece thoughtfully complemented by modern bronze tapware and a milky cement sink. The bathroom also includes louver windows, allowing for an abundance of natural light and fresh air to enter.
Bathroom 1 (separate to bedroom): shower, single vanity, toilet
A washing machine is hidden away in cabinetry outside on the verandah.
The Dairy is surrounded by lush countryside on all sides, with a peaceful fire pit to enjoy the evenings. Along the property’s verandah you’ll find comfortable seating to sit back with a wine or morning coffee and enjoy the view, while a sizable dining table is positioned near the BBQ area.
No trip to The Dairy is complete without a visit to the private waterhole. Take a cruise (4-wheel drive vehicles are best suited to the track) or wander down (1km) to this serene babbling brook for a refreshing swim or picnic among breath-taking beauty. Please note, the area is not fenced and adult supervision is essential for minors.
Unfortunately this property is not pet-friendly.
The Dairy has parking spaces for up to 2 vehicles in the driveway area.
Located on Tralisan Farm in the Byron Bay Hinterland region of Nashua, The Dairy offers guests the rare opportunity to stay on a fully operational macadamia farm, with more than 11,000 trees planted across the 180 acre property. Village shopping and dining is close by at Newrybar (10 minutes), Bangalow (13 minutes), Clunes (14 minutes), and Federal (20 minutes), while Frida’s Field (5 minutes) in Nashua, The Hut in Possum Creek (15 minutes), or Harvest in Newrybar (10 minutes) are not-to-missed for dining. Local pubs, the Eltham Hotel (10 minutes) and Bangalow Hotel (13 minutes) are around the corner, while guests can load up on fresh produce from the Bangalow Farmers Market (13 minutes - Saturday mornings), The Farm (23 minutes) in Byron Bay, or Harvest Deli and Bakery in Newrybar (10 minutes). Spoil yourself at the Gaia Retreat and Spa in Brooklet - located 10 minutes from Tralisan Farm - offering soothing, award-winning pamper packages. When the ocean comes calling, Byron Bay’s best beaches aren't far away with Broken Head (25 minutes) and Belongil beaches (30 minutes) a pleasurable drive from home.
Suitable Booking Groups
The Dairy is located 600m from Tralisan Farm - a gorgeous 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom home - which can be booked during peak season to allow additional space for large group gatherings.
- Studio / 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Coffee Machine
- Washing Machine
- Private House
- Group restrictions - maximum of 2 guests at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No schoolies permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $500 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.
The Dairy Nashua Location
The Dairy Nashua Reviews
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay