Stylish couple’s retreat, located close to Byron town
NSW STRA Property ID: PID-STRA-32220
Tucked away on a quiet corner lot within Byron Bay’s revered ‘Golden Grid’, The Boat House is a gorgeous self-contained studio that’s ideal as a couple’s retreat. This charming 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom home is beautifully styled with boho-inspired decor, and neatly designed to maximise space.
The Boat House features an elongated layout that starts with a handsome bathroom and bedroom area, and finishes with the combined kitchen, dining and living spaces at the rear. The living and sleeping spaces are separated by a sliding door that can be closed for privacy, while the comfortable lounge area opens to a charming timber-decked courtyard at the rear, where guests can enjoy the warmth of the sun.
The home sits alongside its parent property, Azura – a delightful 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom holiday cottage that can be booked during holiday periods for extended family or group bookings.
At The Boat House, you’re close to the action with the ocean and local shops all minutes’ walk from your front door, allowing guests to enjoy all that Byron Bay has to offer.
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom self-contained studio
- Stylish courtyard and porch spaces located at the front and rear of property
- Boho-styled bedroom with a comfy daybed sofa
- Classy marble-tiled bathroom with separate bath
- Open-plan living, dining and kitchen spaces
- Reverse cycle air conditioning and Smart TV in the living space,
- Short walk to Byron’s town centre (600m) and Main Beach (900m)
- Street parking on Tennyson Street, in front of the property
- Azura available for group bookings
- Neighbouring 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom home - Azura - available for bookings during NSW school holiday periods
Living, Dining and Cooking
The Boat House’s living area - situated at the far end of the home - is a pleasant space for relaxation, and comes complete with a Smart TV and large couch. Two double doors on the corner walls let the sunshine in to create a light-filled atmosphere, perfect for enjoying a day inside this pristine self-contained studio.
The kitchen is right next to the living space, separated by a countertop that doubles as a dining area with bar stools. There’s a coffee machine available for your morning brew (starter pack of pods provided), while the dishwasher, electric cooktop and oven, and a full-sized fridge and freezer are neatly hidden within the cabinetry, adding to the kitchen’s appeal.
The Boat House boasts a charming boho-styled, open plan bedroom that features a delightful super king bed that’s bound to help you slip into a deep slumber. This pleasant space also includes a comfortable daybed sofa where you can kick back with a good book in hand.
Bedding configuration (sleeps 2 adults):
- Bedroom 1: super king, daybed sofa
The Boat House features a stylish marble-tiled bathroom, complete with a walk-in shower and an alcove bath.
- Bathroom 1: shower, bath, single vanity
- Separate toilet and vanity (off bathroom)
A cold outdoor shower is located at the front of the property - handy for rinsing off after a dip at the beach.
Cleverly hidden in-between the toilet room and bathroom is the property’s European-style laundry area, which includes a washer, dryer, iron, and ironing board.
The Boat House features a lovely porch area with sun chairs and a table at the front of the property, where you can enjoy the crisp morning air while drinking coffee. There’s also a stylish courtyard at the rear, that features stylish timber flooring and a bench seat. This courtyard space includes a gate that leads to the neighbouring Azura house, allowing for easy access for guests who staying at both properties.
Unfortunately this property is not pet-friendly.
On-street parking is available in front of the property on Tennyson Street (permit not required).
The Boat House is ideally located in Byron Bay’s ‘Golden Grid’ - close to the action, yet hidden away in a quiet residential area. The property is a gentle 600m from the town’s main street, where guests can sample endless shops, restaurants and bars. The Boat House is also close by Byron’s famed Main Beach (900m), with Tallow Beach (2km) another popular swimming and surf spot that’s close by.
- Studio / 1 Bedroom
- Air Conditioning
- 1 Bathroom
- Non Smoking
- Smart TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Fenced yard
- Coffee Machine
- Washing Machine
- Private House
- Approved schoolies groups permitted
- Ceiling Fans
- Full Kitchen
- Hair Dryer
- Streaming Service
- New Listings
- Group restrictions: Maximum of 2 adults at the property.
- Strict no party policy - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs (in response to the noisy neighbour hotline). See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Schoolies permitted at this property for suitable groups. All bookings must be approved directly by a member of APS staff after the schoolies terms and conditions have been discussed and accepted. See Terms and Conditions for more info.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12 night min stay applies.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of the licence fee or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of the total licence fee (including booking, marketing, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1,000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.