Stroll to one of Australia's most famous surfing beaches
Imagine your next holiday here, at Susan’s Beach House, a stunning original 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom holiday home, + a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom studio, that sleeps 6 adults and 2 kids in total - superbly located on the edge of beautiful, world heritage listed Broken Head National Park and a short 2 minute walk to Broken Head, one of Australia’s most famous surf beaches.
The quintessential beach house, Susan’s is a light-filled and open plan, with modern beach-inspired interior theming and a mix of natural, reclaimed and whitewashed timbers, fresh, crisp whites and raw and natural fibres. This beautiful home has featured in Australia's best beach houses (SMH Oct 31, 2009) and Best Beach Retreats (Australian Traveller Dec 18, 2012). Relax on gorgeous reclaimed timber furniture, beneath cedar shutters and polished concrete floors that are limewashed white. The bedroom space is uniquely open in design, with a timber louvred door offering privacy. The second bedroom has a cosy feel with views of the backyard. An additional studio is located at the rear of the house, which includes a king bed, an ensuite bathroom and access to two outdoor spaces.
Relax in winter with the open wood-fired combustion heater and in summer, come home to Susan’s from your surf and enjoy a hot or cold shower in the Frangipani garden. Choose from two covered outdoor spaces - relax and read or nap on the lush daybed or low slung deck chairs, overlooking the lawn and gardens beyond or enjoy your morning coffee on the covered timber deck space. Wander only 250m to beautiful Broken Head beach and drive a short 10 minutes to the centre of Byron Bay.
- 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom holiday home
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom studio at rear
- Sleeps 6 adults and 2 kids
- Light-filled, open plan beach house
- Modern resort-style interiors, with timber and natural fibres
- Featured in Australia’s best beach houses and Best Beach Retreats
- Hot/cold outdoor shower
- Two shaded outdoor spaces, featuring daybed and outdoor seating
- Only 250m to beautiful Broken Head beach
- Backs onto heritage listed Broken Head National Park
- Only 10 mins to the heart of Byron Bay
Living & Dining
Enjoy easy holiday life in the cosy light-filled living space with sumptuous sofa and armchairs, flat screen TV with Foxtel and timber screening. Stay warm in winter with the open wood-fired combustion heater. The open plan dining space sits adjacent to the living area and features a reclaimed timber table and comfy, colourful director-style chairs. A timber bench sits beneath the window, with whitewashed timber stools for three.
A fully functional, galley style, beach shack inspired kitchen features timber benchtops and a stand-alone stainless steel oven.
The sleeping space at Susan’s showcases a spacious, sunny and open design, whereby two bedrooms fitted with king size beds are separated by a timber louvred door. Bedroom interiors are simple and stylish, with resort-style soft furnishings and lots of natural fibres. The studio space is open and bright, with an eclectic mix of reclaimed timbers and natural textiles. An open style ensuite bathroom includes an antique claw-foot free-standing bath.
Bedding configuration, as follows:
- Bedroom 1 - 1 x king + 2 x singles
- Bedroom 2 - 1 x king
- Bedroom 3 - 1 x king plus ensuite
Behold, the bathroom space at Susan’s Beach House - the main bathroom includes a built-in bath with shower above, bathed in light and enclosed in white timber, with stunning bifold floor to ceiling height windows. The open-plan studio bathroom features a traditional claw foot bath for the ultimate holiday relaxation with a pull-screen provided for privacy.
Stacking glass doors open out from the dining space to a small timber deck area and a lush green lawn, with Frangipani garden and outdoor hot and cold shower. A covered outdoor space off the studio comes complete with comfy deck chairs and luxurious day bed. Spoilt for choice, guests can also relax in cushioned rattan outdoor chairs beneath an A-frame roof on the north facing timber deck.
Susan’s is a great choice for families, with the inclusion of a portacot and high chair, as well as a sandpit made from a repurposed boat in the yard, for endless kids play.
There are two off street car park spaces available for guests.
Susan’s Beach House is superbly located on the edge of heritage listen Broken Head Nature Reserve, the spectacular heritage listed national park, where the bush meets the beach. From here, walk the famous Three Sisters walking track and learn the local Indigenous folklore.
From Susan’s, wander only 250m to the beautiful shores of Broken Head beach and swim or surf multiple beach breaks. Broken Head is both secluded but close, with Byron Bay town located only 10 minutes drive north.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Pay TV
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Full Kitchen
- Apple TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Group restrictions - maximum of 6 adults at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.
Susan's Beach House Location
Susan's Beach House Reviews
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay