Elegant family retreat close to the centre of Byron Bay
NSW STRA Property ID: PID-STRA-31586
Enjoy the perfect family holiday at Starr Cottage - a charming 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house complete with a private swimming pool and garden, located just minutes from the centre of Byron Bay. With all of the town’s major attractions and beaches on your doorstep, this centrally located house is remarkably quiet and tucked away next to a small reserve and bike track.
Recently renovated, Starr Cottage has been restored to its former glory with gleaming hardwood timber floorboards, vertical panelling and sash windows, and designer lamps and tropical cane ceiling fans taking centre stage. A modern kitchen and dining area looks out to an open plan living room, which connects to a private outdoor entertaining area. Here, tropical gardens are surrounded by sandstone to frame a grassy child-friendly lawn, private designer swimming pool, and a BBQ area and dining space.
Sleeping up to 8 people, it is the ideal retreat for small family groups wishing to be near all the action, yet far enough away to enjoy complete relaxation in elegant and peaceful surroundings.
- 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sleeps up to 8 (max 6 adults)
- Private plunge pool
- BBQ area with outdoor dining and seating
- Child-friendly gardens
- Newly renovated cottage
- Only a few minutes walk to Byron Bay town centre
- Short stroll to Belongil Beach (10 minutes) and Main Beach (15 minutes)
- Off-street parking spaces for 2 vehicles
- Separate studio located at front of property (please note, this is a private residence with a permanent tenant)
- Property best suited to family bookings
Living, Dining & Cooking
The lounge room is dominated by a comfortable 5-seater L-shaped sofa facing a large wall-mounted Smart TV - perfect for evening entertainment or downtime for the kids. Framed to one side by the kitchen and dining area, the lounge area has bi-fold glass sliding doors overlooking private gardens.
The large, well-appointed kitchen has granite bench tops and European appliances, including a 4-burner gas stove, dishwasher, microwave, and double fridge. The air conditioned dining area neatly connects to the kitchen, providing a comfortable setting at mealtime.
Starr Cottage has a loft-style retreat located on the upper floor with vaulted ceilings and ratan-covered floors. It features a queen bed mounted on a purpose-built platform, complete with a dormer window, timber-paneled ensuite, separate walk-in robe, reverse cycle air conditioning, and a ceiling fan. A double sofa bed can also be added to the master on request, hidden away in its own light-filled annex, overlooking the pool and garden area.
The remaining three guest bedrooms are situated on the ground floor, tucked away along the main corridor. Here, a double bed and 4 king singles are available, with ceiling fans on offer to cool during summer months.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 8 people, max 6 adults):
- Master Bedroom: queen bed on raised platform with ensuite, ceiling fan, reverse cycle air con, and walk-in robe. Double sofa bed (available on request) located in separate annexe.
- Bedroom 2: double bed, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 3: 2 x king single beds, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 4: 2 x king single beds, ceiling fan
Starr Cottage features 2 bathrooms split across each level of the home. From the master bedroom, step inside the charming ensuite which boasts a walk-in shower, toilet and single vanity - all tucked away under a sloping roof. Downstairs is home to a shared bathroom which features a spacious walk-in shower, in-ground bath and single vanity, with a separate toilet located outside.
- Bathroom 1 (ensuite from master bedroom): shower, toilet, single vanity
- Bathroom 2 (shared): in-ground bath, shower, single vanity, separate toilet
There is a laundry cleverly hidden below the staircase with a washing machine and dryer, as well as an ironing board and fold-away clothes rack.
Outdoor Pool Area
Starr Cottage’s sunny and private backyard is a haven of relaxation. When the beach stops calling, cool off and laze away in the plunge pool, which features designer tiles and a waterfall feature. The adjoining outdoor entertaining area features a BBQ, setting and a dining arrangement, making it a popular space to unwind year-round.
Unfortunately this property is not pet-friendly.
There are 2 off-street parking spaces available in the driveway at Starr Cottage.
Close to the action but far enough away, Starr Cottage is conveniently located within easy access to all of Byron Bay’s main attractions. Beautiful Belongil Beach is an easy 10 minute walk from the property with the iconic Main Beach a mere 15 minute stroll away. The shopping, dining and entertainment options are endless, with downtown Byron on your doorstep. Starr Cottage also borders a nature reserve, which backs onto a walking and bike path.
- 4 Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- 2 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Fenced yard
- Streaming Service
- Washing Machine
- Group restrictions - maximum of 6 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No schoolies permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.
Starr Cottage Location
Starr Cottage Reviews
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay