Spacious Byron beach house with pool
Remember when you were a kid, and you watched Mary Poppins pull out a massive lamp from her tapestry handbag? Well, this Byron Bay beach house is the equivalent to that handbag. As you’re standing out the front you think, how does this cottage fit 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, dual living areas, a covered veranda, BBQ and a stunning pool? Stanhope looks like the most beautiful and quaint beach cottage you have ever seen; then it opens up to space and luxury. The cool blue on the exterior juxtaposes nicely to the warmer interior design - a magnificent home for 10 (max 8 adults)!
Step inside this beautifully restored residence and marvel at the detail. Polished wooden floors roll out to an open plan living area with the lounge and kitchen at the heart of the home. Enjoy prepping feasts in the company of loved ones thanks to the kitchen island with stools. Surround yourself with timeless beach style while you holiday in bliss.
If you can drag yourself away from this magical haven, it’s only a 3-minute walk to Byron Bay’s famous shops and cafes, 8-minutes to the beach and around the corner from Bay Grocer where guests can enjoy convenience as well as the option of local, nourishing, ready-to-heat meals.
- 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, sleeps 10 (max 8 adults)
- Extensive covered entertaining area with seating and BBQ
- Stunning pool with sun loungers
- Dual living areas
- Picturesque front yard with picket white fence
- Reverse cycle air conditioning
- Newly renovated kitchen with espresso machine
- Smart TV with Netflix
- 2 off-street parking spots available in the driveway
- 3 minutes walk to town
- 8 minutes walk to Main Beach
Guests enjoy beach cottage living at its finest here at Stanhope. With dual living areas, there’s space for all the family and more.
Designed with beach living in mind, recline into the comfy corner lounge and relax with the soft, warm hues that make this space a home. At the centre of the house, you can be a part of everything. Engage in the casual chatter from the veranda, offer tips for the cook or unwind with your Netflix favourite. This spacious room has sliding glass doors that open to the serene veranda and usher in the natural light.
And there’s more. A second living area boasts additional lounges and another TV, perfect as a kids or adults retreat!
Dining and Cooking
Family holidays often revolve around shared meals together and staying at Stanhope makes that so simple. The open plan kitchen is equipped with pristine polished marble benchtops, a grand island bench, gas stovetop, ample cupboard space, espresso machine and all the cooking appliances and utensils you may need. An easy to wash splashback offers a cool blue colour to the bright room.
Guests also benefit from a separate kitchenette located in the third bedroom. It’s equipped with a bar fridge, microwave, portable convection cooktop and sind, perfect for prepping private breakfasts or even late-night snacks.
Want breakfast at the kitchen island or by the pool? Dinner on the veranda or in the living room? Make every meal special with the perfect shared spaces.
Stanhope is the perfect blend of country cottage living meets quintessential beach house style. These bright and luminous bedrooms are beautifully styled with lavish bedding, rustic furniture and plantation shutters.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 10, max 8 adults)
- Master Bedroom: queen bed with ensuite, ceiling fan, reverse cycle air conditioning, bay window
- Bedroom 2: queen bed with ensuite and ceiling fan
- Bedroom 3: queen bed and ceiling fan
- Bedroom 4: queen bed and ceiling fan
- Bedroom 5: single bunk (2 single beds)
Guests of Stanhope can conveniently access three bright and recently renovated bathrooms.
- Bathroom 1: bathtub by a large jalousie window, separate shower and vanity
- Bathrooms 2 and 3: walk-in showers, toilet and vanity
- Outdoor hot and cold shower
A spacious laundry makes holiday stays that more convenient. It features lots of storage space, a washer, a dryer and even an iron, for that special night out.
When entertaining is paramount, Stanhope delivers. It’s the sort of place to indulge in an evening beverage as much as a morning coffee. Gather around a modern outdoor setting on the covered veranda and watch birds in the nearby trees or kids in the pool.
Refresh yourself in this luxurious and tranquil pool. There’s plenty of space to organise a game of Marco Polo or inflate that novelty doughnut ring and float around in the afternoon sun. Relax by the veranda, watch the kids play and make your stay effortless.
Unfortunately, when booking this charming escape and taking time away from the norm, guests cannot bring their pets. This property is not pet friendly. If it’s not possible to leave your pet behind, take a look at these pet-friendly properties.
Drive on up to this elegant beach cottage and make use of the 2 off-street parking spots in the driveway.
Feel like one of the esteemed locals when you stay at this captivating cottage on this stunning tree-lined street. Stanhope is located in one of the most popular parts of town - close to everything and still secluded enough for you to enjoy some peace. Walk 3 minutes to town or 8 minutes to Main Beach. Discover the world of surfing and organise lessons for the family. Or take them to the local basketball courts, only 5 minutes away, and let the young ones burn off the delicious fish and chips. Here, guests can also make use of the tennis courts and soccer fields.
Guests also have access to the local greengrocer, Bay Grocer, which is around the corner and offers fresh produce as well as ready-to-heat meals - which can be quite a treat at the end of a long day! Woolworths is also close, as well as a cinema, the Visitor Information Centre, the Byron Community Centre and Byron Theatre and all the restaurants, bars and cafes of town.
- 5 Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- 3 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Beach/Pool Towels
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Fenced yard
- Streaming Service
- Coffee Machine
- Washing Machine
- Private House
- New Listings
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stayy/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay / Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No schoolies groups permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.