Charming, 2 bedroom cottage in Byron Bay
NSW STRA Property ID: PID-STRA-31583
Over 100 years old, San Juan Surfers Cottage is a lovingly restored 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom home, located in the heart of Byron Bay. Designed with casual, beach-inspired décor, the cottage combines rustic charm with modern convenience. The home boasts a charming wraparound verandah with outdoor dining and seating areas, as well as a fully fenced, sub-tropical garden - ideal for children and pets.
Please note, construction works for the Jonson Lane retail and residential complex are currently taking place opposite the property, and noise levels are expected to vary during construction. Please consider these works when booking and feel free to discuss with our helpful team so we can make your stay as pleasant as possible.
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and separate toilet, sleeps 4
- Casual, beach cottage design
- Large, wrap-around veranda with outdoor dining and seating areas
- Gas Weber BBQ
- Fully fenced backyard with spacious, manicured lawn & hammock
- Reverse cycle air conditioning in both bedrooms
- Modern kitchen with updated appliances
- 6-minute walk to town (500m) and 10 minute walk to the beach
- Parking for 2 cars off street
You’ll feel right at home upon entering San Juan’s inviting living space. Grab your favourite book and curl up in the comfy armchair or switch on the Smart TV and settle into the plush sofa for a Netflix movie night. Teak floorboards and rough sawn timber wall panels give the living space a warm, rustic feel that is carried throughout the cottage.
Cooking & Dining
Light and bright, the modern, U-shaped kitchen is well equipped with everything you need to prepare tasty meals for yourself and others. The gleaming, timber bench tops add warmth to the space, in keeping with the cottage’s casual, beach house style. The dining room seats 4 persons, with glass doors that open to the deck and provide another cosy space for outdoor dining, overlooking the tranquil garden.
The main bedroom features a queen bed, as well as a wall-mounted TV and charming built-ins. The second bedroom offers the flexibility of 2 single beds that can be converted to a king ensemble on request. Both bedrooms have ceiling fans and reverse cycle air conditioning for your year-round comfort.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 4):
- Bedroom 1: 1 x queen bed
- Bedroom 2: 2 x single beds (can be converted to king on request)
After a long day of surfing, shopping, and exploring Byron Bay, is there anything more relaxing than an indulgent bubble bath? The bathroom features a deep, freestanding tub and, if you’re not in the mood for a relaxing soak, there is a separate modern rain shower encased by glass. San Juan’s bathroom is flooded with natural light and you’ll love the ample space provided by the wooden surfboard-shaped vanity countertop and generous shelving behind the mirror. Getting ready is a breeze in here!
- Bathroom 1: Freestanding bath, shower, toilet
- Separate toilet and private shower in laundry area
Outdoor Dining & Entertaining:
Relax and unwind on the spacious, wrap-around veranda overlooking the garden. Located just off the dining room through sliding glass doors, the deck provides a welcoming space to entertain a few friends, with ample dining and seating space. Simply kick off your shoes, nestle into a hammock, and let the cool sea breezes soothe your senses.
There is off-street parking for 2 cars.
Nestled away just off Byron Bay’s main street, San Juan Surfers Cottage is minutes from all the town’s top attractions. Discover Byron Bay’s most loved designer boutiques around the corner, or wander less than 10 minutes to explore Byron’s many shops, restaurants and cafes.
- 2 Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- 1 Bathroom
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Full Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Pet Friendly
- Ceiling Fans
- Smart TV
- Fenced yard
- Approved schoolies groups permitted
- Group restrictions - maximum of 4 guests at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- Schoolies permitted at this property for suitable groups. All bookings must be approved directly by a member of APS staff after the schoolies terms and conditions have been discussed and accepted. See Terms and Conditions for more info.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.
San Juan Surfers Cottage Location
San Juan Surfers Cottage Reviews
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay