Luxurious hill-top retreat in Byron Bay Hinterland
NSW STRA Property ID: PID-STRA-31534
Situated at the end of a long drive, perched on its own private hilltop, Ruby’s Ridge will enchant from the first glance. Recently enhanced by the addition of a 20m natural stone swimming pool with horizon views, this luxury modern 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom home sits amidst lush lawns and native trees where ocean breezes and the scent of lemon myrtle float through the paddocks. The sea air keeps things cool as the sun sets over the magnificent Border Ranges directly in the West. Rise to the gentle calling of the local birdlife before heading out for an early morning surf, catching a glimpse of sunrise over the famous Cape Byron Lighthouse.
Enjoying 180-degree iconic hinterland views from every room, this private enclave beckons after long days spent at Byron’s famous beaches or exploring the countless charming Hinterland villages that neighbour Ruby’s Ridge. Complete with a newly installed lap pool, it will be hard to resist whiling away the days at this resort-like property. Expansive open decks call for sunrise yoga, long lunches or curling up on the daybed book-in-hand, and all of this with a backdrop of never-ending views across the rolling hills of the neighboring farms.
The main residence is superbly designed around a central entertaining area with an open plan designer kitchen, wood-burning fireplace and open mezzanine-style loft bedroom complete with cosy TV nook. Two large bedrooms are located on either side of this main area with a separate one-bedroom studio accessed via the wrap around veranda. The property embraces all elements of natural, environmentally conscious living – from solar power to UV-purified rainwater, along with carefully selected hand-crafted furniture by local artisans, and an air of minimalist natural styling.
Perfectly located in exclusive Coopers Shoot, it is just a short 10 minute drive to the centre of Byron Bay in one direction, and to the quaint villages of Bangalow and Newrybar in the other. Ruby’s Ridge provides the right mix of a luxurious yet authentic hinterland lifestyle with access to all the delights that Byron Bay has to offer - ideal for that perfect family holiday or celebration with a small group of friends.
- 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms total, sleeps 10 people (max 8 adults)
- Brand new in-ground 20m saltwater salt lap pool
- Smart TVs
- Separate large dining areas - inside and outside
- Spectacular hinterland views
- Peaceful rural setting
- 10 minute drive to Byron Bay and beaches (9 kms)
- 10 minute drive to Bangalow (8km)
Living and Dining
The centre of the house draws people together around an open plan living area complete with in-built fireplace, enormous designer kitchen, and indoor and outdoor dining areas. The covered alfresco entertaining area features a centrepiece 4.5m dining table, locally made from repurposed brush-box timber. A large open loft area, featuring a queen bed and TV corner, hovers above the kitchen enjoying the views.
The luxuriously appointed kitchen overlooks the living space and those magnificent views, ensuring that meal preparation will never be a chore whether done in peaceful solitude or as a collective. A generous rectangular island bench can accommodate any amount of cooks or friendly onlookers to help with pouring the drinks. All essential kitchen accessories are here in the large butler’s pantry including the all-important espresso machine and accompanying coffee.
The main house sleeps 6 adults across 3 bedrooms with an additional 2 single mattresses available upon request for children. A separate 1 bedroom studio is adjacent to the main house for 2-4 people with a queen bed and pull-out sofa bed (upon request) in separate rooms. Minimalistic in style, all rooms feature locally inspired décor, as well as quality mattresses and soft linen bedding. All bedrooms, except the loft, have direct access via sliding glass doors to the verandah.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 10, max 8 adults):
- Master Bedroom: king bed with large ensuite, ceiling fan, walk-in robe
- Bedroom 2: queen bed with ceiling fan
- Bedroom 3 (loft area): queen bed located overlooking the lounge area, ceiling fans in the lounge area. Note: this area is open and cannot be made private.
- Studio (separate house): queen bed in bedroom with ceiling fan, sofa bed in living room/kitchenette (available on request).
A porta cot is available on request.
This self-contained 1 bedroom studio comes complete with its own living room, and is equipped with a pull-out sofa, TV, and small kitchenette with kettle and toaster and crockery for 2 people.
The master bedroom features a stunning ensuite that epitomises understated luxury. The large freestanding bath takes pride of place in the centre of the room, allowing you to enjoy the magnificent views across the valley – the perfect way to unwind at the end of a long day exploring the region.
- Bathroom 1 (ensuite to the master bedroom): freestanding bath, double shower, separate toilet, single vanity
- Bathroom 2 (shared): shower, single vanity, separate toilet
- Bathroom 3 (studio): separate shower, single vanity, separate toilet
The house has a separate laundry with a 7.5kg washing machine, dryer and basin.
All outdoor areas have been designed to embrace the spectacular views that surround the property. A large wraparound terrace sits across the front of the house looking out over the pool and surrounding paddocks. The outdoor dining space features a large 4.5m long table that can seat up to 14 people – ideal for evening meals on those glorious long summer evenings. There is also a small bar table attached to the front of the verandah with 4 bar stools. The verandah also boasts a large day bed and a BBQ.
A new in-ground pool was added in May 2021 to complete the property. The pool is 20m long by 4.5m wide and fully tiled in large blocks of natural jungle slate, and maintained as a saltwater pool – popular for serious lap swimmers and kids alike!
The pool is surrounded by lush lawns looking west over the valley and has been designed with a full-length (20m) bench seat inside the eastern wall of the pool to optimise viewing of the incredible sunsets.
NOTE: Whilst the pool is completely fenced (safe and certified) it is located on sloped land meaning the fence on the lower side of the pool is not visible. There is also a drop adjacent to the pool down to the fence which needs to be monitored when children are present.
Unfortunately this property is not pet-friendly.
There is ample car parking located behind the house including 2 undercover spaces in the car port and 2 spaces in the driveway.
Located at Coopers Shoot, Ruby’s Ridge is only 10 minutes in every direction to either the centre of Byron Bay, the quaint villages of Bangalow and Newrybar, or the renowned surf break at Broken Head.
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No schoolies permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of the licence fee or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of the total licence fee (including booking, marketing, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.
Rubys Ridge Location
Rubys Ridge Reviews
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay