Impeccably styled retreat in Bangalow
Located in it’s own little pocket of paradise tucked behind the main street of Bangalow, Ohana Hale is the ideal family escape designed in an uber stylish mixture of comfort and luxury. Split over two levels, the property features 6 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and sleeps up to 12 guests (max 10 adults) in complete comfort. Following a recent refurbishment, it boasts a brand new designer kitchen, new bathrooms, fabulous decor and a number of modern touches that will delight even the most discerning guests. Designed with the environment in mind, Ohana Hale features earthy tones and a variety of natural materials to ensure the home blends seamlessly into its glorious natural surroundings.
This stylish villa is the perfect retreat for the laid back lifestyle that this area is famous for and offers multiple open plan indoor and outdoor entertainment areas including a large verandah for outdoor living. The exterior of Ohana Hale comes complete with a beautiful in-ground swimming pool, a secluded landscaped garden, a private veggie patch available for guest use, and designer fire pit.
Bangalow is renowned for its heritage main street, designer boutiques, art galleries and foodie scene. With numerous natural attractions nearby and located only a short 10 minute drive to the centre of Byron Bay and its many glorious beaches, Ohana Hale is the perfect location for a large family getaway or special escape with friends.
For smaller groups who only need the main house, without the studio, Ohana Hale House is another option.
- 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, sleeps 12 (max 10 adults)
- Main house on upper level with separate self-contained studio and entertainment room on lower level
- Open plan kitchen and dining, plus adjacent living area with fireplace
- Air conditioning in living area plus ceiling fans in bedrooms
- SmartTV with Netflix and other streaming services
- Spacious renovated bathrooms
- Baby cot, high chair, and baby gate
- Numerous indoor and outdoor entertaining areas
- Beautiful inground pool
- Stylish fire pit and veggie garden set in tropical garden surrounds
- Rear lane access with space for 2 - 4 cars in the driveway
- 3 minute walk to shops and cafes on Bangalow's charming main street
- 10 minute drive to Byron Bay
Living areas - Indoor and Outdoor
With numerous living areas, both indoor and outdoor, there is space to spread out, relax and read a book, play a game, or post your holiday pics to your favourite social platform. The spacious main living room provides comfortable seating for the whole group, a large Smart TV with Netflix and plenty of other streaming services, reverse cycle air con unit, and a large wood-burning fireplace to get cosy during winter months (starter kit of firewood supplied).
The lounge steps out to the enormous verandah which spans the full length of the back of the house, featuring vaulted ceilings, ceiling fans and lighting, and overlooks the rear entry and pool. Relax across 2 separate outdoor areas along this spacious balcony - one with outdoor seating and the other with dining table and seating for 8 and a BBQ. To ensure the conversation keeps flowing, there is also a 2-seat breakfast bar outside the kitchen window. From here, wander down the external stairs to the pool, rear entrance and downstairs entertaining area.
Dining & Cooking
The large, designer kitchen with island bench and integrated seating provides a central focal point of the house. It is tastefully appointed with ample storage space, double fridge / freezer, 6-burner stove and large oven.
There is a large dining table adjacent to the kitchen seating up to 10 people along with another dining table just through the adjacent sliding doors out on the verandah that seats up to 8.
The downstairs studio features a stovetop with 2 plates, a HUSKY bar fridge, kettle, toaster, microwave, TV, portable aircon/heater. The bathroom has dual access from the studio and the entertainment area.
All the bedrooms are located along a central corridor and all enjoy views out onto the tropical garden area. All have been stylishly decorated in “Bangalow Style” and feature ceiling fans as well as stylish hanging racks and storage areas.
A fully self-contained studio is located downstairs adjacent to the entertainment room with views to the pool, perfect as a couples retreat or getaway for the grandparents.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 12, max 10 adults)
- Master bedroom: king bed with ensuite, french doors with access to front verandah and ceiling fan
- Bedroom 2: double bed with ceiling fan
- Bedroom 3: double bed with ceiling fan, french doors with access to front verandah
- Bedroom 4: kids room - double / single bunk bed, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 5: queen bed, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 6 (downstairs studio): four post queen bed with mosquito net
All bathrooms have recently been completely renovated and feature stylish natural finishes along with ultra modern amenities.
- Bathroom 1 (ensuite from master bedroom): rain shower, toilet, single vanity, touch lighting on mirror
- Bathroom 2 (shared, upstairs): freestanding bath, shower, single vanity, toilet
- Bathroom 3 (shared, downstairs): toilet, shower, single vanity
A separate laundry is located downstairs next to the entertainment area and includes a washing machine, dryer, iron, ironing board, and Dyson vacuum cleaner.
Pool and Gardens
Upstairs, enjoy the morning sun in the landscaped gardens, pick a selection of herbs from the garden for lunch, or wander up the garden steps and out to the footpath that leads into Bangalow in just minutes. Stoke up the firepit ready for the end of day stories with your favourite beverage.
Downstairs, escape to the in-ground pool with spacious surrounds for relaxing.
Unfortunately this property is not pet friendly.
Rear lane access to the property leads to 2 undercover car spaces. There is space for 2 additional cars in the driveway.
The property is located a short, 3 minute stroll (500 meters) to the main street of Bangalow, and only 10 minutes’ drive (15 km) to Byron Bay and gorgeous nearby beaches.
- 6+ Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- 3 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Beach/Pool Towels
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- Pool Table
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Fenced yard
- Streaming Service
- Coffee Machine
- Washing Machine
- Separate Study
- Private House
- New Listings
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No schoolies permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.