Elegant Byron hinterland home with pool and studio
NSW STRA Property ID: PID-STRA-41253
Surrounded by nature at every turn, Gwandalan is an elegant hinterland home located minutes from Byron Bay and the village of Bangalow.
Named after the Aboriginal word for ‘resting place’, this beautiful country property features 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms – including a private studio – inviting up to 11 guests (maximum 10 adults) to this relaxing retreat.
With its laid-back charm and refined interiors, Gwandalan impresses with a combined living, dining, and kitchen space that opens up to a stunning north-facing deck that overlooks the rolling hills, and is complete with a swimming pool, outdoor lounge and dining area.
Gwandalan delivers seclusion and serenity in spades, and offers a great base for a peaceful stay in the Byron region.
- 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, sleeps 11 (max of 10 adults)
- Separate studio beside the garage with bed and bathroom
- Stunning swimming pool (not heated) offering scenic views
- Back verandah with covered entertaining area, outdoor seating and BBQ
- High-ceiling, open-plan design, combining living, dining and kitchen spaces
- Bright living area with modern, gas-operated fireplace and an 8-seat lounge suite
- Space for indoor and outdoor dining
- Spacious kitchen with pantry
- Ceiling fans in all living spaces and bedrooms (no air conditioning)
- Scenic drive from Byron Bay (8.6km) and Bangalow (4km)
- Parking for 5 cars in the driveway (uncovered)
Living, Cooking and Dining
Gwandalan’s vibrant living area – set in the heart of the home – features a TV, plus expansive lounge seating that welcomes the entire family. At the centre is a fireplace that completes the stylish contemporary design of the space.
The open-plan dining and kitchen area offers a large space for bonding over shared meals, whether it’s at the sleek island bench with bar stool seating or the 10-seater table. The kitchen is equipped with a collection of quality appliances – including a coffee machine (starter pack of pods provided), gas cooktop, and electric oven – while a double-door fridge and freezer and a built-in pantry are sure to impress budding chefs.
All of Gwandalan’s well-lit bedrooms combine function and comfort, with 4 guest rooms set around the central living and kitchen area. The main bedroom offers a calming view of the lush landscape right as you wake up in the morning, and includes a sliding door right beside the bed which opens to the verandah. One of the bedrooms combines queen and single beds – ideal for parents who need to sleep nearby a child.
The property also boasts a secluded studio which features a comfortable living space, as well as a private deck that offers sweeping views of the hills.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 11, max of 10 adults):
- Bedroom 1 (main bedroom): queen, ensuite, ceiling fan, built-in wardrobe, TV, access to verandah
- Bedroom 2: queen, ceiling fan, built-in wardrobe
- Bedroom 3: queen, ensuite, ceiling fan, built-in wardrobe
- Bedroom 4: queen, single (situated next to queen – best suited to be shared between a child and caregiver), ceiling fan, built-in wardrobe
- Bedroom 5 (studio): queen, ensuite, TV, lounge, built-in wardrobe, access to verandah
Designed with 4 bathrooms between the main house and studio, Gwandalan features an ensuite bathroom off the main bedroom that includes a sizeable window that looks out to the lush garden. There’s also a shared bathroom located near the 3 bedrooms on the left wing of the home that features a bathtub – popular with young and older travellers alike.
- Bathroom 1 (ensuite from main bedroom): ensuite, bath, rain shower, double vanity, toilet
- Bathroom 2 (shared): bath, shower, single vanity, toilet
- Bathroom 3 (ensuite from bedroom 3): shower, single vanity, toilet
- Bathroom 4 (ensuite from bedroom 5): shower, single vanity, toilet
The laundry area is positioned on the right wing of the property, equipped with a washer and dryer, as well as an iron and ironing board. A clothesline is also available outside, near the secluded studio.
Outdoor and Pool
This property is tucked away among breath-taking bushland, offering an amazing view of the outdoors. Its north-facing viewing deck – complete with cosy lounge seating – opens to a vast backyard with shaded trees and green shrubs. Set against a backdrop of greenery is the swimming pool, which has sun loungers you can use after a nice dip on a hot, sunny day.
This property is not pet-friendly.
Non-covered parking is available for 5 vehicles in the driveway. Please note, the property’s garage is not accessible to guests.
Gwandalan is situated in Talofa, a scenic hinterland pocket wedged between the charming village of Bangalow (4km) and Byron Bay (8.6km). This tranquil location delivers the best of both worlds - the peace and quiet of the countryside, with the best of Byron and surrounds all a short drive from home.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Full Kitchen
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Coffee Machine
- Washing Machine
- Private House
- Ceiling Fans
- New Listings
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No schoolies permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of the licence fee or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of the total licence fee (including booking, marketing, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.