Beach house with outdoor spa and BBQ
Welcome to Gidget's, a dreamy renovated beach house for the ultimate getaway originally styled with homage to Gidget, one of the first female surfers in the 1950’s in Malibu, California. Gidgets has been beautifully restored to a modern beach home with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and great outdoor entertaining all just minutes to the beach and town. Imagine relaxing with a range of comfy seats and couches, an outdoor BBQ, plus a hot tub all surrounded by perfectly manicured gardens that set the scene of a tropical paradise. A home made for summer holidays.
Step inside and swiftly find yourself amidst beach chic. There are rustic touches with sophisticated features and all freshly restored to create that essential beach vibe. Families and friends alike will love it here. Gather round the table with verdant views of the garden while sharing stories of the day, planning trips for tomorrow or even catching up on news or a favourite TV series with one of the conveniently positioned smart TVs.
Walk across the hardwood floors from the kitchen and dining area leads to the separate living area. A blissful retreat with a corner lounge, stunning ornamental fireplace and another Smart TV. The perfect spot to hide from the midday sun.
Two of the bedrooms have newly renovated ensuite bathrooms, and all of them are light-filled with the choice of curtains, elegantly styled with wardrobes, rugs and pillows.
Guests will love finding all this holiday fun at a stylish home only minutes from the beach and town. Enjoy swimming in the cool pacific ocean and rinsing off in your own outdoor shower, complete with hot water to take the edge off.
For guests seeking a larger space, Gidget's House and Studio (up to 12 guests, maximum 10 adults) is available, while Gidget's Studio (up to 4 guests) can also be booked separately.
- 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, sleeps 8
- Newly restored and restyled
- Reverse cycle air conditioning throughout
- Stunning outdoor entertaining area with hot tub and outdoor shower
- Shaded outdoor dining with gas BBQ
- Newly landscaped tropical gardens with hammock
- Spacious kitchen with high-quality utensils and Nespresso coffee machine
- 2 Smart TVs and WiFi
- Pets permitted on request
- 5 minutes walk to town
- 10-minute walk to Main Beach
- Parking available for 1 car off-street
The hero of this property is the ultimate outdoor living area that encapsulates your perfect holiday vibes. Enjoy a spacious and lush garden complete with hot tub and plenty of seating, including a hammock and a shaded picnic table.
Dining & Cooking
The kitchen and dining area inspire shared culinary delights. The kitchen is complete with ample bench space, microwave, French door fridge, fan-forced oven and plenty of storage space. Overlooking the dining area, which views the leafy garden, cooking and eating are so enjoyable at Gidget’s.
Enjoy a space away from the entertaining areas and relax into a comfy corner lounge while catching up on your favourite shows. A graceful ornamental fireplace is at the heart of the room, reminding guests of this beach house's exquisite heritage. One of the first in the area, now completely restored for your holiday leisure.
Every bedroom has its unique arrangement, and all come in contemporary beach style with a dash of tribal artistry. There’s a lot of flexibility, with the two rooms at the front of the house can be either king beds or 2 single beds. Gidget’s welcomes guests with the perfect place to rest your head.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 8 adults):
- Bedroom 1: 2 x king single beds (can be made as a king), reverse cycle air conditioning
- Bedroom 2: king bed (can be split into 2 x king single beds), reverse cycle air conditioning, ceiling fan and ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom 3: king bed (cannot be split), reverse cycle air conditioning and ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom 4: king bed (can be split into 2 x king single beds), reverse cycle air conditioning and ceiling fan
All 3 beautifully restored bathrooms accentuate the luxury in this gorgeous beach house. The home is designed with 2 stylish ensuites, plus a shared bathroom, which features a shower and bathtub.
Bathroom 1 (ensuite from bedroom 2): shower, toilet, single vanity
Bathroom 2 (ensuite from bedroom 3): shower, toilet, single vanity
Bathroom 3 (shared): combined bathtub and shower, toilet, single vanity
Gidget's offers a separate laundry space with washer & dryer, as well as an iron and ironing board so you can prepare for a night out after a day at the beach.
Pet friendly on request
Gidget’s is pet friendly on request. Please contact our reservations team who will be able to assist with your enquiry.
At Gidget’s you will find 1 off-street parking spot available.
Guests will enjoy being close to everything at Gidget’s while still experiencing the peace and quiet of this joyful beach town. Byron Bay’s main street can be easily accessed by foot in minutes via the revamped Interchange Station, where you can indulge in boutique shopping, sophisticated eateries, delicious bakeries and fun bars. Also, 5 minutes away, you’ll find Byron Bay’s major supermarket, a pharmacy, cinema and more, while the Byron Farmers Market is a mere 1 minute walk from home. Make your way east to the famous Main Beach in less than 10 minutes, or head for Australia’s most easterly point at Cape Byron Lighthouse - a pleasurable 10 minutes by car.
- 4 Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- 3 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Fenced yard
- Washing Machine
- Private House
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C's apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No Smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.