Delightfully renovated cottage with relaxed beach vibe
After long sun-kissed days on one of Byron’s stunning beaches, the sunny yellow doors of “Firefly” beckon with open arms and a relaxed holiday vibe. This quintessential beach house set amongst manicured, lush tropical gardens complete with rattan swing-chair and outdoor fire pit is the ideal location to while away adventurous days and long holiday evenings.
With 3 charming bedrooms, plus a separate, self-contained bedroom with ensuite, accessed from the front yard, this traditional beach cottage sleeps up to 8 people and has recently been given a new lease of life to enhance its character features including new relaxed, stylish furnishings and modern kitchen and bathrooms. Set in established gardens with louvered windows throughout and an open plan living space, no detail has been overlooked in creating the perfect holiday haven to enjoy with family and friends.
Conveniently located just 1km to the centre of town and a short stroll to Tallow Beach for a morning surf, Firefly ticks the boxes for a fun escape to the Bay.
- 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, sleeps 8
- Large open-plan dining and living space with wood-burning fireplace
- Ceiling fans and A/C throughout
- Newly renovated kitchen and bathrooms
- Separate media room
- Large covered outdoor deck and BBQ area
- Tropical, landscaped gardens and fully-fenced yard
- Outdoor fire pit with starter kit of timber supplied in winter
- Luxurious APPELLES amenities provided
- Pet friendly on request
- 1 off-street parking spot available
- 1 km to Byron town centre
- 1km to Tallow Beach
Living and Dining
The large open plan living room leads into a spacious dining area surrounded by louvred windows that overlook the gardens. This light and airy space is the perfect place to enjoy time together and share meals during a relaxing holiday. A 6-seat dining table sits between the kitchen and the lounge, with another larger outdoor dining table located on the back verandah next to the BBQ. The lounge and dining room area feature a ceiling fan, reverse cycle air conditioning and wood-burning fireplace for those cooler winter evenings.
A cosy separate media room next to the living area features a flat screen smart TV for binge watching the latest releases on Netflix, Disney Plus, Stan, or Free-to-Air, which are available for guests to log into.
An attractive modern kitchen with stylish appliances in black and white is the perfect place to whip up a meal after a long day at the beach or prepare the BBQ fare for the evening. The space includes a double fridge/freezer with water dispenser, 4 plate induction stove, electric oven and microwave along with a french press coffee plunger, for that morning coffee fix. Don’t worry, a starter pack of the local favourite Bun Coffee is provided, so guests can get straight into their morning coffee after their first night of rest.
Firefly offers 3 bedrooms in the main house as well as a separate, self-contained bedroom accessed from the front yard (no internal access).
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 8)
- Master Bedroom: queen bed, ceiling fan, reverse cycle air con, black out blinds, built-in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 2: queen bed, ceiling fan, reverse cycle air con, black out blinds.
- Bedroom 3: bunk bed (2 x single), ceiling fan, reverse cycle air con, black out blinds.
- Bedroom 4 (separate bedroom with ensuite, access via front yard): queen bed, ceiling fan, air con.
Recently renovated, both bathrooms in the main house provide new amenities and bathroom fixtures.
Firefly provides luxurious APPELLES amenities created with essential oils and botanical extracts, for guests to use during their stay. Supplied with the environment in mind; the small, single-use plastic bottles have been eliminated and replaced with larger pump packs to minimise waste. Stay clean and nurture the environment one shower at a time.
- Bathroom 1 (shared): shower over bath, toilet, single oversized vanity.
- Bathroom 2 (shared): shower, toilet, double vanity.
- Bathroom 3 (separate bedroom with ensuite accessed via yard): shower, toilet, single vanity.
A hot and cold outdoor shower is located outside the house in the garden to rinse off after long days at the beach.
The laundry is located in a separate room outside accessed from the media room and features a modern Samsung washer and dryer to clean those sandy towels after a full day at the beach. An Iron and ironing board are also included.
A modern fire pit has been freshly installed in the garden alongside the house with room for all to enjoy a relaxed drink on a crisp winter’s evening. A starter pack of timber is provided for guests to get the coals underway during the winter months.
Firefly is fully fenced and non-shedding pets may be welcome on request in writing. Please contact our reservations team to discuss prior to booking. Terms and conditions apply.
There is 1 off-street car space on the driveway which is accessed via a manually operated gate. Additional parking is available in the side streets nearby but is not allocated to the property.
Firefly is conveniently located 1 km from the centre of Byron Bay and 1km to Tallow Beach down nearby roads and a stunning sandy track through a nature reserve. The popular and very trendy Byron Bay General Store cafe is only a short 450m stroll away, and locals favourite The Roadhouse cafe is 650m away, ensuring your coffee and dining needs are covered nearby.
- 4 Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- 3 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Beach/Pool Towels
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Fenced yard
- Streaming Service
- Washing Machine
- Private House
- New Listings
- Approved schoolies groups permitted
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C's apply.
- Schoolies permitted at this property for suitable groups. All bookings must be approved directly by a member of APS staff after the schoolies terms and conditions have been discussed and accepted. See Terms and Conditions for more info.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.
A Perfect Stay