Rustic, family home with Cape Byron lighthouse views
NSW STRA Property ID: PID-STRA-31216
Located at the end of a quiet, residential cul-de-sac, Cape Breeze backs onto Arakwal National Park and offers uninterrupted views of the Cape Byron headland and lighthouse. This position is perfect for families who want to stay close to town and local beaches without feeling crowded in the suburbs. Enjoy the stunning views from Cape Breeze’s wrap-around verandah and unwind inside the large, open-concept living space. With 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms spread out over two floors, this timber home evokes a feeling of a rustic cabin getaway, while being just a short walk away from two pristine Byron beaches.
Local architect Bruce Morgan lovingly designed this timber home for friends. This care and attention to detail are evident throughout the space. Downstairs is one bedroom and bathroom, ideal for a couple seeking a bit more privacy from the rest of the group. Upstairs are two additional bathrooms and four more bedrooms, including the grand master with ensuite. All of the upstairs bedrooms have dramatic, sloping timber ceilings and built-in wardrobes for ample storage.
The heart of this home is the open-concept living space upstairs, with a seamless flow from its the eat-in kitchen and lounge to a formal dining area. Sliding glass doors surround the space providing picturesque headland views and quick access to the wrap-around verandah. This covered outdoor space envelopes the property, creating an easy indoor/outdoor flow and providing the perfect seating area to enjoy dinner or card games together in the evening.
There are two popular beaches within a 10-minute walk of the property. Reach Clarkes Beach via Paterson Street or Tallows Beach through the nature preserve in your backyard. Another beautiful walk to enjoy is the scenic Cape Byron Walking Track, leading up to the iconic lighthouse and offering sweeping views of Byron Bay and beyond. The centre of town is hardly a 5-minute drive away, where you’ll discover boutique shopping on Jonsen Street along with enticing restaurants and wine bars throughout the CBD.
- 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, sleeps 8 (max 6 adults plus 2 children), with a separate study
- Uninterrupted views of Cape Byron headland and lighthouse
- Fully covered, wrap-around verandah facing north and east
- Cathedral ceilings in living space
- Smart TVs and Sonos sound system for streaming
- Rustic kitchen with modern, stainless steel appliances
- Ceiling fans throughout
- Amenities for Table tennis
- Parking space for 3 cars
- 10-minute walk to either Clarkes or Tallows Beach (800m)
- 5-minute drive to town (1.2km)
The heart of Cape Breeze is its open-concept living space upstairs. Warm and inviting, this room will quickly become the central gathering place for your family or group of friends while staying in Byron Bay. Crows Ash tongue-and-groove timber flooring extends throughout, while full-length cypress pine boards draw the eye upwards to the incredible cathedral ceiling. This fine craftsmanship is evident throughout the home, but truly on display here in the living space. Sit back and relax on the supple leather couch and chairs, or leave the sliding glass doors open wide to welcome daily ocean breezes while admiring headland views.
Cooking & Dining
Designed for Cape Breeze, the kitchen cabinetry and pantry were built from timber milled from an Australian Red Cedar tree taken from a nearby Wilsons Creek farm. The rustic feel is perfectly balanced with shining, stainless steel appliances and modern fixtures, creating a practical space for preparing any meal. There is a beautiful breakfast bar built-in, along with an informal dining space with seating for up to 6. Opposite the lounge space, a larger dedicated dining area features more custom furniture and a formal dining table for 8.
With 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms spread out over two floors, Cape Breeze is ideal holiday accommodation for groups of friends or a family. One queen bedroom and a bathroom are located downstairs on the ground floor. Upstairs, the remaining four bedrooms are divided into two separate wings of the house. The master suite offers added space and privacy from the other bedrooms, with a king bed, walk-in closet, private access to the verandah, and an ensuite bathroom. In the other upstairs wing are three more bedrooms and a third shared bathroom. There are ceiling fans in every bedroom and the upstairs rooms have beautiful, sloped timber board ceilings.
- Master Bedroom: 1 king bed with ensuite
- Bedroom 2: 1 queen bed
- Bedroom 3: 1 queen bed
- Bedroom 4: 1 double bed
- Bedroom 5 (Downstairs): 1 queen bed
Just off the master bedroom is an ensuite with a freestanding shower and a large vanity with ample storage and counter space. Adjacent to the other three upstairs bedrooms is a second shared bathroom with a shower/bathtub combination. The third bathroom is downstairs, with a freestanding shower as well as the home’s laundry facilities.
Master Bathroom: Freestanding shower, toilet, ensuite
Bathroom 2: Shower over bath, toilet
Bathroom 3 (Downstairs): Freestanding shower, toilet, laundry facilities
Outdoor Dining & Entertaining
The wrap-around verandah is one of many outstanding features of this special home. North and east-facing, this fully covered space provides both shade from the summer sun and uninterrupted views of the Cape Byron headland and its famous lighthouse. On the upper deck is a gas-powered barbecue and large dining table, perfect for admiring the nightly show as the sun slips down behind the trees. There are many fine restaurants in town, but on this verandah, your group will enjoy the most desirable dinner reservation in Byron Bay!
Unfortunately this property is not pet-friendly.
There is space for 3 cars to park in the uncovered driveway.
Cape Breeze offers an enviable position backing onto Arakwal National Park, a large nature reserve with numerous walking trails and easy access to Tallows Beach. There is ample space in the backyard for kids to roam, as well as a small neighbourhood playground with swings just down the road. The location grants guests a short walk to not one but two beaches, as popular Clarkes Beach is also less than 10 minutes away. After spending the morning chasing surf breaks or swimming, Top Shop Cafe is just around the corner and a popular spot for a local brekkie and brew. Byron Bay is also well-known for its diverse collection of upscale boutiques and dreamy spas, so be sure to take a stroll (or quick drive) into the centre of town and enjoy all that this dynamic destination has to offer!
- Group restrictions - maximum of 6 adults at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of the licence fee or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of the total licence fee (including booking, marketing, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.
Cape Breeze Location
Cape Breeze Reviews
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay