Sprawling country retreat hidden in the Hinterland
Tucked away among lush rainforest, Bougainvillea Estate is a tranquil country retreat offering jaw-dropping scenic views of blissful countryside, and an escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
Nestled just two minutes from the charming hinterland village of Federal, Bougainvillea House welcomes up to 8 guests across its vibrant main house and dreamy Pond Room.
Serene gardens and rolling hills surround the light and spacious 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom main house, which opens up to bring the outside in. Spacious living areas greet you at every turn, with a wood fireplace, modern kitchen and wraparound timber verandah taking centre stage.
Outdoor entertainment is a dream at Bougainvillea Estate. Dine and unwind on the covered patio with alfresco dining as you drink in the never-ending scenery, or refresh with a soothing swim in the sparkling 12m in-ground pool.
Revel in the privacy of this contemporary Pond Room hideaway - a separate bedroom, which sits atop a peaceful koi fish pond.
- 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sleeps 8
- 12m pool with undercover deck, overlooking scenic gardens and hinterland
- Spacious kitchen with modern appliances and coffee pod machine
- Lavish space for entertaining with several indoor and outdoor living areas
- Cosy wood-burning fireplace situated in the heart of the home - starter pack of timber supplied
- Reverse cycle air con, ceiling fans and gas heating
- Generous laundry with washing machine and dryer
- Expansive wraparound timber verandah surrounding main house
- Large covered patio area - bordered by a stunning fish pond - with seating, lounges and alfresco dining
- Beautifully manicured gardens and tranquil green spaces
- 2 minute drive to Federal village, and 30 minutes to Byron Bay
- Parking available for 3 vehicles in driveway
- Additional self-contained 1 queen bed, 1 bathroom studio - The Tree House - available upon request.
Enter Bougainvillea main house to an impressive open plan living space featuring a wood-burning fireplace, modular leather sofa, TV with Foxtel, polished timber floors, and full-of-life artwork.
The main house features a total of three indoor living spaces - grab a book and put your feet up in the sitting room connecting the guest bedrooms, or cosy up in the sun room off the kitchen and cast your eyes across the glorious greenery.
Cooking and Dining
Roomy and chef-friendly, the well-equipped kitchen includes a double-sized oven and rangehood, island bench, extensive cupboard space, double-door fridge, and modern appliances - including a Bosch Super Silence dishwasher, Smeg kettle and toaster, and Delonghi Nespresso coffee-pod machine.
Opposite the cooking space is a stylish timber dining table for 8, set to the backdrop of panoramic hinterland views. Stool seating is available at the island bench for three guests.
Take in the fresh country air and dine outside with two undercover alfresco dining areas overlooking the elegant fish pond and neighbouring bushland.
Bougainvillea Estate accommodates up to 8 guests across the main house and Pond Room.
The sizable master bedroom in the main house features sliding doors with plantation shutters which open to the gorgeous deck and fish pond. Guests can cosy up and relax for hours while watching Foxtel bedside or logging into their own Netflix account. The main house is completed by two bedrooms, each with queen beds and ceiling fans.
Bougainvillea’s Pond Room is not to be missed. Set overlooking the fish pond and deck, this quaint queen bed sleepout opens up completely to let the fresh drift in. Please note - this bedroom does not have an ensuite and shares the bathroom in the main house.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 8)
- Master bedroom (main house): king bed with ensuite, ceiling fan, reverse cycle air con, and flat screen TV with access to Foxtel
- Bedroom 2 (main house): queen bed with ceiling fan
- Bedroom 3 (main house): queen bed with ceiling fan
- Bedroom 4 (Pond Pavilion): queen bed with ceiling fan
Please note, a separate self-contained 1 queen bed, 1 bathroom studio - The Tree House - is available upon request. The character-filled Tree House residence - featuring a distinctive pitched roof - is an ideal hideout for a couple or older children with open space upstairs, private balcony, and its own ensuite and kitchenette downstairs.
There are two bathrooms in the main house - an ensuite off the master bedroom, as well as a shared bathroom.
- Bathroom 1 (ensuite from master bedroom): rain shower, toilet, double vanity
- Bathroom 2 (shared in main house): alcove bath, separate rain shower, single vanity, toilet
Guests benefit from a well-appointed laundry equipped with a Bosch washing machine and dryer, washbasin, iron, and ironing board. An undercover clothesline is available on the deck outside the laundry door. An additional drinks fridge is located in the laundry, allowing you to free-up space in the main kitchen fridge.
You’ll find no shortage of spaces to unwind and entertain at Bougainvillea Estate. The outdoor dining area - snuggled around the fish pond and timber deck - is a prime location to take in sunset over the hills. Here, you can relax among the rustic daybed and seating, or sit and dine in comfort, sampling the region’s finest produce and cuisine. The property also includes a gas BBQ and dining suite by the Pond Room.
Take in the eye-catching beauty of your surroundings by the pool deck - spacious enough to comfortably host the whole family undercover - or from the expansive timber verandah that sweeps around the main home.
The sprawling grounds of Bougainvillea House are ideal for exploring. Take a stroll and weave your way through the wide-reaching gardens, or return to the kitchen with some goodies from the thriving fruit trees.
Laze the day away and soak up the sun with a soothing swim in Bougainvillea House’s pristine inground 12m pool. Float effortlessly and take in the breath-taking beauty of the striking gardens and rainforest that surround you, or recline poolside on sun lounges in the undercover deck, and let the hours slip away enjoying your favourite drink or book.
Unfortunately, this property is not pet-friendly.
Parking is ample at Bougainvillea House, with space for up to three vehicles.
Bougainvillea House is conveniently located 2 minutes’ drive from the quaint hinterland village of Federal. The village - one of the Byron region’s most popular spots - welcomes people of all ages to discover its blissful surroundings. Dine at ever-popular Doma Japanese cafe, drop by the general store, coffee shop and emporium, or unwind with a picnic in the park. Federal is also within easy reach to some of the area’s most spectacular national parks, including Minyon Falls, Protestor Falls, the Nightcap National Park, and Mt Warning. Surf and sun await at Byron Bay’s iconic beaches - a pleasurable 30 minute drive through the hills from Bougainvillea House.
- 4 Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- 2 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Pay TV
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Beach/Pool Towels
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Streaming Service
- Coffee Machine
- Washing Machine
- Private House
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 guests at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.