Luxury Resort-style Hinterland Retreat
Embrace the perfect balance of country and coastal living at Badra - The Bails, a unique hinterland retreat sleeping up to 6 guests, featuring stylish country décor, spectacular hinterland views and every creature comfort imaginable. Set on 125 acres near the historic villages of Bangalow and Newrybar, Bhadra is an idyllic and peaceful spot for family holidays and small group retreats.
The Bails is the property’s original milking shed, which has been lovingly transformed into a stylish and inviting country home, while retaining some original features. The Bails offers 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a double lounge area along with a large central country kitchen.
Bhadra’s expansive grounds on a private hilltop offer endless opportunities to retreat, relax and explore. Enjoy soothing water play in The Bails’ 5m heated plunge pool as you drink in uninterrupted hinterland views. Rinse off and grab your workout gear for a session in the purpose-built gymnasium, or pick up a racket for a game of tennis on the championship tennis court.
The stunning property is also home to a designer barn, complete with meeting room, infrared sauna, massage room, and outdoor shower. For true relaxation and detoxification, guests can arrange a soothing massage or sauna visit - a truly remarkable space to unwind and soak in the uninterrupted views.
Ideally located in the iconic Byron hinterland, The Bails is a unique and exclusive retreat, perfect for those looking to relax and escape for a few days or weeks. The villages of Newrybar (5 minutes) and Bangalow (10 minutes) are within easy reach for cafes, supplies and designer shopping, while Byron Bay and Lennox Head are only 20 minutes’ drive away.
For larger groups, an additional 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom residence - The Farmhouse - can be booked to allow more space for guests.
Combined property features
- 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, sleeps up to 6 in total
- Peaceful and private setting on 125 acres in the Byron Hinterland
- Perfect for private or health retreats, fitness clinics, and corporate workshops
- 5m heated magnesium pool
- Championship tennis court with flood-lights for night play
- Purpose-built gymnasium
- Access to ‘The Barn’ - featuring an infrared sauna, massage room and meeting space - available on request.
- Spacious kitchen, perfect for entertaining
- Multiple indoor and outdoor living and entertaining areas
- Uninterrupted, elevated hinterland views with stunning sunsets
- Reverse cycle air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Complimentary WiFi
- Parking for up to 3 cars in the parking area
- Short drive to Newrybar (5 minutes) and Bangalow (10 minutes)
- 20 minute drive to Byron Bay and Lennox Head
At The Bails, there is plenty of space for guests to spread out and enjoy the relaxing country surroundings. The home features an air conditioned double lounge area, including a casual lounge next to the kitchen, and a converted main lounge area with original feature beams. Gaze out through French doors towards the rolling hinterland views or enjoy your favourite book from the ornate Chesterfield lounge or designer wingback chair.
Dining & Cooking
The Bails’ large country-style kitchen is fully equipped to cater for large groups with stainless steel benchtops, a large 5-burner gas stove and oven, and air conditioning - creating a delightful space for family and friends to prepare meals. A large wooden dining table takes centre stage in the middle of this large kitchen, ideal for entertaining while cooking up a storm.
All three generously sized rooms feature king beds with the option of splitting to twin-single to offer flexibility for groups with a mixture of couples and singles. The master bedroom features luxurious occasional chairs, French doors opening out to the gardens for added relaxation and an ensuite. The second and third bedrooms, one with views over the sparkling pool, share a bathroom with a freestanding bath with mountain views.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 6)
Master bedroom: king (can be split), air conditioning, ceiling fan and ensuite
Bedroom 2: king (can be split), air conditioning, smart TV
Bedroom 3: king (can be split), air conditioning, ceiling fan and smart TV
Two single trundle beds, suitable for children only, can be made available on request at a rate of $50 per trundle per night.
Bhadra Bails is home to two gorgeously appointed bathrooms which bring the outside scenery in, for complete relaxation. The main bathroom at The Bails was recently renovated and features a freestanding bath with a bay window, perfect for drifting away after a long day.
- Bathroom 1 (ensuite from master bedroom): shower, single vanity, toilet
- Bathroom 2 (shared): freestanding bath, shower, single vanity
- Separate toilet
Pools & Outdoor
A large wooden deck - complete with outdoor dining table, lounge and BBQ - spans the length of the property, making the most of the spectacular views of the Nightcap Ranges. The Bails’ heated 5m in-ground heated plunge pool - filled with magnesium water - features rock sourced from the original stone fences on the property. Enjoy long days in the sparkling water watching the sun rise over the hinterland to the east, and set over the hinterland to the west, and on many a morning the wallabies out enjoying the grass.
Please note, The Bails’ 5m swimming pool is heated by an electric heat pump and the temperature is set to 26 degrees during the months of June-September.
Set on 125 acres, Bhadra features two separate residences - The Farmhouse and The Bails - offering unique space with complete privacy hidden for group health retreats, corporate getaways, fitness training camps, or private rejuvenation.
The purpose-built, resort-style facilities are designed with convenience and flexibility in mind, and include a championship size tennis court with night lighting and optional basketball hoop, as well as a designer barn complete with meeting room, gymnasium, infrared sauna, massage room, and outdoor shower. A 25m lap pool is in planning stages, with 2 standard pools and an outdoor hot tub already installed at the property.
There are endless opportunities to get back to nature and relax around the 125 acre property with numerous walks from the hilltop through the rainforest and along the creek at the base of the rolling green hills. There is also an abundance of wildlife to keep guests entertained while relaxing on their choice of outdoor deck areas.
Guests are spoilt for choice with facilities at Bhadra, with each of the dwellings offering a full laundry including washing machine, dryer and wash basin.
Unfortunately this property is not pet-friendly.
The Bails offers parking for up to 3 cars in the property’s parking bays.
Bhadra is located in the lush Byron Bay Hinterland close to the picturesque village of Newrybar - home of the famous Harvest Restaurant, Deli and Bakery - along with an eclectic mix of designer clothing and homeware shops.
The chic nearby village of Bangalow is only 10 minutes’ drive away for further designer shopping and dining, while surrounding beaches at Broken Head (15 minutes) and Byron Bay (20 minutes) are within easy reach.
- 3 Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- 2 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Tennis Court
- Washing Machine
- New Listings
- Group restrictions - maximum of 6 adults at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No schoolies permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.