Picturesque hinterland home and studio with rock pool
NSW STRA Property ID: PID-STRA-31142
Located in the breath-taking hinterland pocket of Possum Creek - a short 5 minute drive from historic Bangalow, and 15km from the heart of Byron Bay - Bangalla is a rural retreat like no other. Set amongst lush rolling hills and dreamy subtropical rainforest, the property comprises a beautifully preserved 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom Queenslander home, as well as a self-contained studio - perfect for families or friends seeking space and serenity.
The elegant Queenslander retains its beautiful original features throughout, including high ceilings, French doors and windows, ornate architraves, stained feature glass panels, and polished timber floors. The home boasts stylish cooking, dining and living spaces, while a stunning wraparound verandah doubles as a space to entertain and unwind year-round.
Nearby the main home lies a charming studio residence - complete with its own claw foot bath and generous verandah for relaxing - making it ideal as a retreat for couples to relax in complete privacy. The property also boasts a serene rock swimming pool, complete with a shaded gazebo, making it an ideal.
Surrounded by postcard-worthy scenery, Bangalla is a must-visit for your next trip to the iconic Byron Bay region.
Please note, Bangalla will undergo a renovation from late July 2023. During the works, Bedroom 4 (2 x king single bunks) will be refurbished to create an additional living and dining area in the main house. Renovation works are expected to be completed by the end of August, with the main house to be configured as a 3 bedroom property, sleeping a maximum of 6 guests. The renovation does not impact the configuration of the studio (additional 2 guests; maximum 8 people across both residences). Please consider these works when booking and feel free to discuss with our helpful team so we can make your stay as pleasant as possible.
- Family bookings: up to 10 guests (max 6 adults and 4 children)
- Group bookings (max 8 adults)
- Queenslander house: 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (sleeps up to 10 guests)
- Self-contained studio: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom (sleeps 2 guests)
- Luxurious hinterland property (children must supervised at all times)
- Tranquil rock swimming pool with shaded gazebo
- Wraparound verandah, ideal for entertaining
- Gourmet-style kitchen with stainless steel benchtops and quality appliances
- Original features throughout the home
- Pet-friendly on request
- Located near Bangalow village (8km)
- 20 minute drive to Byron Bay
- Parking for 4 vehicles
- ADSL internet available to guests
- Bangalla has a Telstra mobile booster antenna to improve phone coverage
- Bangalla is surrounded by extensive gardens and lawns for guests to enjoy during their stay, however, for safety and neighbours' privacy, guests are not to walk in the surrounding rural farmland or approach animals
Both the home and studio feature pleasurable living spaces to relax and put your feet up. Cosy couches and ceiling fans keep things nice and comfortable, while guests can also kick-back and enjoy the collection of DVDs available in both residences. There’s even a PlayStation 3 setup in the studio, plus a speaker system in the main home, connectable via AUX cord.
Cooking and Dining
Bangalla’s huge, fully equipped gourmet kitchen is an entertainer’s delight, featuring expansive stainless steel benchtops and a collection of high-end appliances. This impressive space is equipped with a large oven, rangehood and gas cooktop, as well as a Nespresso coffee machine (starter pack of pods provided). Open timber framed bi-fold windows reveal a functional and delightful servery, with dining suites available both inside and out. The property also features a gas BBQ, offering the ultimate in summer entertaining. The Studio space includes a quaint dining table for 2 guests, plus a simple kitchenette with a sink.
Bangalla’s main house delights with 4 spacious and airy bedrooms, with a mix of sleeping options to suit large groups and extended families. All bedrooms open out to the verandah, delivering an effortless indoor-outdoor flow. The studio boasts a comfortable queen-sized bed, as well as a stylish ensuite bathroom.
House (sleeps up to 10 guests):
- Bedroom 1 (master bedroom): king, ensuite, ceiling fan, verandah access
- Bedroom 2: king (can be split to make 2 x king singles), ceiling fan, verandah access
- Bedroom 3: queen, ensuite, ceiling fan, verandah access
- Bedroom 4: 2 x king single bunks (4 beds in total), verandah access
Studio (sleeps 2 guests):
- Bedroom 5: queen, ensuite, ceiling fan, TV
Bangalla’s gorgeous bathrooms all bring a historic-yet-modern feel to the fore, with resort-style finishes completing each space. The main house has 3 bathrooms - including 2 ensuites - with the highlight undoubtedly the stunning, antique-style, freestanding bathtub in the shared bathroom. Over at the studio, guests can enjoy an ensuite bathroom equipped with a combined shower and bath.
- Bathroom 1 (ensuite from master bedroom): shower, toilet, single vanity
- Bathroom 2 (ensuite from bedroom 3): shower, toilet, single vanity
- Bathroom 3 (shared): shower, separate bath, toilet, single vanity
- Separate toilet and single vanity (located in laundry)
- Bathroom 4 (ensuite): combined shower and bath, toilet, single vanity
For your convenience, Bangalla includes a laundry with a washer and dryer.
Bangalla is situated in the middle of a rural property, with the house surrounded by abundant birds and wildlife. Guests are able to enjoy the house verandahs, beautiful lawns and gardens, however, for safety and neighbours’ privacy, guests are not permitted to walk into the farm paddocks and must not approach horses or other animals. Children must be supervised at all times as there are a number of dams and watercourses on the property, as well as wildlife.
Nestled away amongst attractive gardens and mature trees on the eastern side of Bangalla is a sparkling in-ground swimming pool, finished in a unique rock design. Overlooking this serene swim spot is a luxury, shaded gazebo with a vaulted timber ceiling - it’s the ideal spot to sit back and relax by the glimmering water. Please note, the pool is not heated, however, it enjoys plenty of sunlight throughout the early part of the day.
Bangalla is pet-friendly on request, however, the property is not fully fenced. A small dam, pond and watercourse is also located on the grounds. Please contact our reservations team to discuss prior to booking. Terms and conditions apply.
Bangalla has parking space for 2 vehicles in the undercover carport, with an additional 2 vehicles able to park along the driveway leading to the property. Please note, the garage is not accessible to guests.
Bangalla is located in the sleepy hinterland hamlet of Possum Creek, a short 5 minute drive from Bangalow village, and 15km from the heart of Byron Bay.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Beach/Pool Towels
- Full Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Coffee Machine
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C's apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of the licence fee or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of the total licence fee (including booking, marketing, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay