Luxurious, newly restored 8 bedroom complex
Imagine your next holiday lavished in celebrity style luxury. Introducing Byron Highlander Estate, an 8 bedroom, 5 bathroom Byron Bay Hinterland sanctuary located in Newrybar. Newly restored from an original general store circa 1880, Byron Highlander Estate has recently been extended to include 4 additional, luxurious bedrooms and now sleeps up to 18 guests.
Peaceful and pristine, this open and spacious holiday home is set on one level for easy access and features elegant, plush, resort-style interiors and natural materials, with a distinct Balinese feel. Copper doors, reclaimed timber, bamboo screening, Buddha statues in prayer, tropical gardens and water features all create a sense of tranquility. With the property set on an acre of lush green land and gardens, it promises unrivalled retreat and refuge just a short 12 minutes from Byron Bay.
- 8 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, sleeps up to 18
- Luxury Hinterland sanctuary set on an acre of lawns and tropical gardens
- Stunning resort-style interiors, with tranquil, high-end Balinese feel
- Specifically designed disabled access and facilities
- Dual living and dining spaces
- Gourmet chef’s kitchen and multiple indoor fireplaces
- Multiple covered outdoor spaces, including large poolside al fresco dining and outdoor fireplace/pizza oven
- 15m lap pool
- 2 x outdoor jacuzzis / hot spas
- Fully fenced and pet friendly (when whole estate is booked)
- Located in Newrybar, 15 minutes from Byron Bay and 5 minutes to Bangalow
- Short walk to award-winning restaurant, Harvest
Byron Highlander Estate can be booked in it’s entirety, or for smaller groups the main house known as ‘The Villa’ (6 bedrooms) can be booked separately, or ‘The suite’ for intimate getaways (2 bedrooms). The Villa includes 6 luxuriously fitted bedrooms - 3 with ensuites and one with disabled access - as well as a gourmet chef’s kitchen. The Suite, also designed as a wellness retreat, includes two luxurious bedrooms and one bathroom. Within The Suite, guests can enjoy brand new, state of the art treatment facilities such as steam room, sauna, jacuzzi, vichy shower and more.
Living & Dining
The living space at the Villa is bright and open, complete with original teak floorboards and wood burning Oblica fireplace. Pendant lighting illuminates the space and guests can relax on full length loungers and sofa, enjoying full surround sound 3D Smart TV LCD/DVD and free hi-speed NBN wifi. A large, light and open dining space adjoins the kitchen and living area and includes 12 seat dining table. Glass doors open up to flow out to the outdoor decking space beyond.
The Villa’s kitchen is a foodie and cook’s dream, complete with onyx benchtops, glass cooktop and high end appliances. Minimalist and sleek, the cooking space features two floating island benches as well as casual breakfast bar seating. The Suite includes a fully functional, modern kitchenette, with hotplate, microwave, fridge and dishwasher, as well as a dining setting for sharing meals.
Prepare for luxurious slumber with 6 resort-style, light filled bedrooms in the Villa, all featuring plush carpet, louvre windows and modern wall art. 3 of these bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms and one bedroom/ensuite is specifically designed to accommodate guests with a disability. The 4th bedroom can double as a study/media room, complete with scanning/photocopying facilities, workstation and electronics.
Byron Highlander Estate comfortably sleeps up to 18 guests in both the Villa and the Suite, with the following bedding configuration:
Main House (Villa)
- Bedroom 1: Super king bed + king single bed, ensuite and jacuzzi
- Bedroom 2: king bed (can be made as twin single)
- Bedroom 3: 2 king single beds (can be made as a king)
- Bedroom 4: king single bed
- Bedroom 5: king bed with ensuite (includes facilities to accommodate for disabled guests)
- Bedroom 6: 2 x king singles with ensuite (can be made as a king)
- Bedroom 1: king bed
- Bedroom 2: queen futon bed
2 trundles are also available.
A total of 5 bathrooms are featured at Byron Highlander Estate, with the Villa promising 3 ensuites and 2 guest bathrooms. The Suite features an additional bathroom, as well as the spectacular spa treatment facilities and outdoor shower.
The outdoor space of this stunning Hinterland retreat truly shines, with the property set on sprawling grounds with lush, tropical gardens and water features, all styled in tranquil Balinese design. Covered decking areas are fitted with inviting pod chairs and luxury loungers and a large, poolside outdoor entertaining area features an 8 seat dining setting, timber bench seating and gas BBQ and outdoor fireplace/pizza oven. An additional covered al fresco dining space is framed by floor to ceiling height louvre windows, with a cosy dining setting for four. The Suite promises peace and serenity with wraparound timber decking, lounge chairs and dining setting, framed by bamboo fencing, copper gates, water features and a stunning outdoor shower.
Pool & Spa
Swimming is effortless at Byron Highlander Estate with a stunning 15m lap pool encased in glass fencing as well as an additional plunge pool/spa outside the first extension. An outdoor jacuzzi set in stone tiles is located off the master bedroom, as well as an additional outdoor jacuzzi at the rear of The Suite.
Byron Hinterland Estate offers privacy and seclusion in it’s Newrybar home yet is conveniently located across the road from award winning restaurant and deli, Harvest. A short 5 minute drive will see guests in the charming Hinterland village of Bangalow and Byron Bay is a mere 12 minute drive away.
Suitable Booking Groups
Byron Highlander Estate is spacious and luxury, with endless outdoor space and entertainment, making this holiday retreat an ideal home for a group of friends/couples or multiple families.
- 6+ Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- 5 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Pay TV
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Beach/Pool Towels
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- DVD Player
- Steam Room
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Fenced yard
- Hot Deals
- Group restrictions: Maximum of 10 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with Byron Bay Holiday Rentals
- Strict no party policy - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs (in response to the noisy neighbour hotline). See terms and conditions for further information.
- No schoolies permitted.
- Christmas and New Year Bookings: if dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12 night min stay applies.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in loss of bond or immediate termination.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1,000 will be processed the week prior to arrival.
Byron Highlander Estate Location
Byron Highlander Estate Reviews
- 1 of 2
- next ›