Exclusive waterfront address in Belongil Beach
Welcome to Sweethaven - a charming, waterfront 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom property located at Belongil in Byron. Featuring dual residences, this classic cedar timber home and separate studio/cottage sits within lush tropical gardens and trees atop a grassed lawn on the banks of beautiful Belongil Creek. The double storey main house is sunny, bright and breezy, with high cathedral ceilings, exposed timber beams and easy coastal styling. In an ode to yesteryear, it also features stunning stained glass windows and reclaimed timber throughout. A large country kitchen with stainless appliances, sunny indoor and outdoor dining spaces and open living with plush furnishings promise relaxation and three light-filled bedrooms are warm and inviting.
The separate A-frame, 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom cottage/studio is set in the shade of Sweethaven’s lush gardens and continues the country charm of the main house with stained glass windows, high ceilings, louvre windows and simple yet plush, beach-style interiors. Wander down cobblestone pathways to timber chairs set in the shade of the property’s trees and watch the world go by, beside the tranquil Belongil Creek. Stroll a short 200m to swim and play at Byron’s beautiful Belongil Beach and wander just 12 minutes along the beachfront to Byron Bay town. The Treehouse restaurant and Belongil Beach Cafe are also just a short 2 min walk away.
- Waterfront residence with 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, sleeps 10
- Dual residences: main house and separate studio/cottage
- 3 bedrooms in main house, one ensuite and one extra bathroom
- 2 bedrooms in studio/cottage, one bathroom
- Classic cedar timber home, located on the banks of Belongil Creek
- Cathedral ceilings, stained glass windows, polished timber floors
- Covered al fresco dining overlooking water
- 2km and 2 minutes drive to Byron Bay town
- 200m to Belongil Beach and local restaurants
Relax in Sweethaven’s bright and open living space in the main house with polished timber floors, wall to wall timber framed windows and chic and casual interior mix of natural fibres, timber and green foliage. Two large sofas beckon, with a flat screen TV promising Foxtel and Netflix. The living space features doors on two sides, opening to the covered timber decking outside.
Cooking & Dining
Make meals in the charming country cottage-style kitchen drenched in sun, with timber framed windows and a gorgeous reclaimed timber dining setting. The kitchen features top of the range stainless steel appliances and timber framed doors which open to the balcony beyond.
Peaceful slumber awaits with 3 bedrooms in the main house and 2 in the cottage/studio. The master bedroom is spacious and sundrenched, with high ceilings and stained glass windows, wall mounted flat screen TV, air conditioning and glass doors opening to large balcony space which overlooks the water. All the other bedrooms are light-filled and lovely, with simple coastal styling, timber framed windows, timber flooring and plush soft furnishings.
Bedding configuration - sleeps 10:
- Master: 1 x king bed and ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom 2 (upstairs): 1 x queen bed
- Bedroom 3: 2 x king singles (can be made as king) + 1 x standard single
- Bedroom 4: 1 x queen bed and ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom 5: 1 x king (can be made as 2 x king singles)
Sweethaven comprises 3 bathrooms in total, with the master in the main house featuring an ensuite with timber framed stained glass windows and views to the Belongil Creek below. A large guest bathroom is located downstairs with spacious corner spa bath and dual shower heads. The cottage/studio also has an ensuite bathroom.
Enjoy balmy BBQ’s and meals in the covered al fresco dining area, overlooking the tranquil Belongil Creek, with an 8 seat outdoor dining setting. Wander down a staircase to a cobblestone pathway leading to the waterfront, where guests can relax in peaceful tranquility on timber sun chairs in the shade of the trees, on the grassy banks of Belongil Creek. Please note Sweethaven is not fenced and backs onto an open estuary, meaning children must be supervised by adults at all times. Swimming, jumping and diving in the creek is not permitted.
Sweethaven’s stunning waterfront location promises the best of both worlds - enjoy the peaceful Belongil Creek at the rear of the property and walk only 200m to swim at the beautiful Belongil Beach. This private sanctuary is located only 2km from the hustle and bustle of Byron Bay town and guests can get here via a stunning 12 minute beachfront walk or a short 2 minute drive. From here, walk to the Belongil Bistro or Treehouse restaurant/bar/cafe to enjoy coffee, cocktails, meals, music and more.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Full Kitchen
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Hot Deals
- Group restrictions - family groups preferred and max 8 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict no party policy - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs (in response to the noisy neighbour hotline). See terms and conditions for further information.
- No schoolies permitted.
- Christmas and New Year Bookings: if dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12 night min stay applies.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in loss of bond or immediate termination.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.