Charming Bangalow holiday escape
This funky Byron Bay holiday rental in Bangalow is a real treat for those with an appreciative eye for design. White, light spaces are elevated with a well-placed colourful rug, a tasteful stained glass feature, and a cosy wood-burning stove. Ideal for groups of up to 8, Collective Retreat has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms spread throughout the house, studio and garden cottage. It has been designed by the creators of the Collective Hub to enable people to relax, pamper and delight guests in equal measure while providing separate spaces for larger groups.
"My Vision? A bright, white space with cosy corners and inspiring workplaces, eye-catching crafts and one-off pieces of art that light up the creative areas of your mind. I wanted the bedrooms to be cool, calm sanctuaries and the kitchen to be a hub that encouraged laughter, chatter and late-night discussions." - Lisa Messenger, Owner
You can take an insider's look and read more about the journey of the property here.
This one-of-a-kind holiday cottage in Bangalow is just 500m from the noteworthy foodie restaurants in this historic rural village and Byron Bay with its many attractions and cafés is just 13km away.
- 4 Bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, sleeps 8
- Light bright interior highlighted by stylish design features
- Woodburning fire/stove feature
- Spacious lounge with high ceilings
- Country-style kitchen with all modern amenities
- Reverse air-con in the living room and fans throughout
- Accommodation spread out in-house, studio and cottage
- Walking distance to local shops in Bangalow
- Peaceful location
Clean lines and all-white walls accentuate the charm and history of this cottage property which features high ceilings, antique light fittings, beautiful stained glass features and even a wood-burning stove. The living room has reverse-cycle air-con for year-round comfort and is a gathering place for the family with cushioned sofa, floor cushions and chairs.
In keeping with the charm of this renovated property, the kitchen is country-style yet has everything you need for self-catering in style. It has a double sink with antique-style mixer tap, dishwasher and wooden worktops. The generous space has room for a wooden breakfast table with 4 chairs.
4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms are spread between the main house, studio and garden cottage. The bedrooms in the main house share a bathroom which features a free-standing clawfoot bath and shower above. Another bathroom is located in the studio space.
Bedding configuration (sleeps 8):
- Master bedroom: 1 x queen
- Bedroom 2: 1 x king (can be split into 2 king singles)
- 1 queen bed plus modern bathroom
- 1 x double bed (no bathroom)
An additional trundle is available on request for a small child
Steps lead up to the house through a garden gateway. The front porch is the ideal haven to enjoy the hanging basket chair to read quietly or sit and drink in the sounds of nature.
To the rear of the property is a paved courtyard and outdoor, undercover lounge area with BBQ and full dining table for guests to relax and enjoy alfresco dining.
There are parking spaces for 2 cars on-street and additional street parking nearby if required.
Located in the delightful rural village of Bangalow, Collective Retreat is in a prime location for a quiet getaway surrounded by beautiful scenery. The noteworthy restaurants in this historic rural village are just a few minutes’ walk away. Independent stores and regular farmer’s markets in Bangalow are the perfect place to source fresh local produce and tasty treats during your relaxing stay
Byron Bay, with its landmark lighthouse, curving sandy beaches and plethora of quirky shops and pavement cafés is 13km away.
- 4 Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- 2 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Full Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Fenced yard
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property.
- Strict no party policy - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs (in response to the noisy neighbour hotline). See terms and conditions for further information.
- No schoolies permitted.
- Christmas and New Year Bookings: if dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12 night min stay applies.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in loss of bond or immediate termination
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1,000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.